Crash bars for 900gt

• Supporting Member
I would think that those available for the FJ would fit the Tracer/ GT. They share the same engine and frame so the mount points should be the same.

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

I would think that those available for the FJ would fit the Tracer/ GT. They share the same engine and frame so the mount points should be the same.
I would have thought so but most manufacturers list products as not compatible. I believe it is also due to clearance for body panels which have changed in shape. 

I emailed FEHLING in Germany and got this reply “this article is not compatible with your 2018 Yamaha Tracer 900gt. Unfortunately at the moment we do not have crash bars for your bike model.” 
I think it must have something to do with the body panels. 
If somebody has fitted these bars I would love to hear from them.

• Thumbsup 1

Yes they do make crash bars which look very nice but appear to me to offer no protection to the lower side of engine. On the rare occasion when I have had to drop a bike to ground this is the part which gets damaged. The Fehling bars seem to wrap around this lower part of engine giving some protection.

Yes they do make crash bars which look very nice but appear to me to offer no protection to the lower side of engine. On the rare occasion when I have had to drop a bike to ground this is the part which gets damaged. The Fehling bars seem to wrap around this lower part of engine giving some protection.
Are you referring to SW-Motech, or Givi? I believe the Givi should protect the lower parts.

Hi Bugie, I saw that post but for some reason Fenling do not recommend fitting to the gt. I am confused?

I think it is due to liability. Until they have had a version of the bike and tested it they won't market it as compatible which is the way it should be in all honesty.

Fehling have said if I buy and they won’t fit then I can return and get a full refund. That seems very fair. However I have been in touch with Givi and they say they have completed a design for engine bars which are in the process of being manufactured. They cannot send me a picture or price at the moment. I guess I should hang in to see what this one looks like.

That is my plan. Givi seems to give good all round protection

My 2 cents on the various brands looking at designs are:

[ul type=disc][*]SW-motech bars which are already available for the GT and believe they offer little to no protection for the lower parts of the bike. [*]Touratech bars are just f'ugly and have the same issue as SW-Motech[*]The Heed look good but not as clean as the Givi. They seem to be a mix of Givi and SW-Motech[*]Fehling offer good lower protection but nothing up top. I worry that in a slide the bike may flip onto the tank.[*]Unfortunately the American brands are just retardedly priced for those of us in the EU[/ul]

@happyrider - Did Givi say when we are likely to see the Givi bars on the Market

Just curious...

How much do crash bars weigh?  Specs not given on Revzilla or TwistedThrottle.
cb
1968 Triumph Bonneville 650
1971 Norton Commando Roadster
2002 Harley 1200 Sportster
2003 Honda ST 1300
2016 FJ 09