Bought a Tracer 900 GT today

kew

Hello everyone greetings from tropical South Wales. It must be tropical because we are in the middle of a monsoon.
I've been riding a Triumph 1215 Trophy SE for the past few years but as I'm getting a bit on the old side (70 next April) the bike was getting heavier by the day.
I was looking for something lighter but still suitable for touring so today I had a test ride on a Tracer 900GT, I did a few miles including some fast motorway miles and I was very impressed so I swapped my Triumph for the Tracer, I pick it up next Saturday, I have to wait 'till then because I'm having an Akrapavic exhaust fitted. I'll probably do the first 500/600 miles next weekend so I'll let you know what I think of it after that.

• Supporting Member
Welcome to the forum and congratulations on the Tracer GT. I'm sure you will be really happy with it. the Akrapovic is a very nice sounding exhaust, It's on the short for my GT.

He who dies with the most toys wins.

Welcome @kew and congratulations on your purchase. I only ducked into North Wales today and turned back when I met a wall of water falling from the sky.

Red 2015 Tracer, UK spec (well, it was until I started messing with it...)

Hello Kew and welcome.

I too traded a heavyweight for the lithe girl in my garage.  At 70 life is too short for monstrous motorcycles!

Now, if only I could toss my leg over that pillion grab bar every time I tried...

cb
1968 Triumph Bonneville 650
1971 Norton Commando Roadster
2002 Harley 1200 Sportster
2003 Honda ST 1300
2016 FJ 09

• Premium Member
Welcome to the forum, and congrats on the new bike. I'm sure you will love it, most of us do. Not that you won't want to add a few things to make it yours, but it is a great bike as is, and so much fun to ride.

Good luck, and let us know if you have any questions....

Welcome @kew and congratulations on your purchase. I only ducked into North Wales today and turned back when I met a wall of water falling from the sky.
What did you turn back for? Nothing wrong with a drop of liquid sunshine. 

Archived