Insurance?...

State Farm quote me $746 per year, but I am not carrying base levels of coverage (100k/300k + 300k uninsured motorist) and my record is not spotless (2 speeding tickets). I also live in Northern California, so I am sure I am paying a regional gouge. They have been insuring me since 1995 (never made a claim, so can't comment on that).
I checked with Geico when I first bought my bike as well and the quote came in around $650 for the year. Clean record, married 43. I ended up going with State Farm at about $600 per year with all my multi policy
discounts. Saw this thread and called again today and it was $298 for the entire year with 300k/300K maximums
since I have umbrella also.

Check my other 3 vehicle on State Farm and compared to Geico, well saved me another $350, so one check
netted me $650 for the year on 4 vehicles. That's $650!! Nice, got $650 for more Farkels!!!!

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm 27 and paying $83 a month for fully maxed out (as much as State Farm offers) insurance with $500 comprehensive and collision deductibles. I have my car and other bike on the plan as well.

I should call back though, when I got the bike they didn't have the FJ in the system so Im paying FZ09 prices. It should be cheaper since its a touring bike and has ABS.

Archived