Denali Soundbomb Mini - Horn Conversion

Video link above shows before/after, and quick install guide (extremely easy). 

There was no improvement in actual horn volume, but the Soundbomb Mini is definitely lower and seems louder. Happy with it and will be messing around with the configurations in the next little while!

I have one too and love it. As you said it isn't much louder than stock but has a much deeper tone so attracts a lot more attention. I mounted it slightly different as mine faces downward in the direction of the forks (i was worried about water and dust getting sucked into horn and having no way of getting out.

• Supporting Member
On 12/4/2018 at 12:39 AM, bugie said:

I have one too and love it. As you said it isn't much louder than stock but has a much deeper tone so attracts a lot more attention. I mounted it slightly different as mine faces downward in the direction of the forks (i was worried about water and dust getting sucked into horn and having no way of getting out.

I positioned mine facing down for the same reasons you listed.  Very quick and easy install.

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

Thanks for the review @Husqy. I’ve been undecided about it for a while, but on the strength of your video I’ve just ordered one 👍🏻

Red 2015 Tracer, UK spec (well, it was until I started messing with it...)

On 12/6/2018 at 2:34 PM, BBB said:

Thanks for the review @Husqy. I’ve been undecided about it for a while, but on the strength of your video I’ve just ordered one 👍🏻

Happy to help!

I figured what the hell... couldn't find a good video that really showed how EASY it is to install! And as I mentioned, 1 to 1, it isn't really 'louder' but a much better tone.

As @bugie pointed out, its a straight swap, unlike many of the air horn variety that need a power source.

I will also look at facing it at a minimum sideways. I don't ride in the rain if I can avoid it, but still a good idea for washing the bike, bugs etc! 

Important to keep the horn pointing downwards.   I drowned one once while being a bit careless when washing the bike -  put a rag into/ over the horn when washing/ hosing off, better still stretch a rubber-glove over the horn aperture.

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.   

On 12/14/2018 at 12:02 AM, wordsmith said:

Important to keep the horn pointing downwards.   I drowned one once while being a bit careless when washing the bike -  put a rag into/ over the horn when washing/ hosing off, better still stretch a rubber-glove over the horn aperture.

Yeah some of the feedback is making me re-think the configuration. I think I will be moving it to point to the side, slightly downward to help with clearing water. I don't ride in the rain, but still good for when washing the bike.

Thanks!

Archived