Forum features...

I'm getting accustomed to the new Forum, but...

(a) is there a 'bookmark' function as on the old Forum?  A very useful function this, that allows interesting things to be kept and quickly

accessed when needed.

(b) how does one PM another member here?

Thanks... 

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.   

At the top of the thread you’re interested in is a “follow” button. When you select this you get some options of how you’d like to be informed about new posts.

In your profile, you get a list of all the content you’re following under “manage followed content”. These are effectively the same as the old bookmarks.

To PM someone, use the envelope button at the top right of the page, near your username.

Red 2015 Tracer, UK spec (well, it was until I started messing with it...)

Thank you, BBB.   Awl jew respeck an' awl that, but I have to disagree on the bookmark point.   The 'manage followed contact' doesn't appear to me to be as precise, as focussed, and as user-friendly as the old 'bookmark' facility.   Can it be restored?

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.   

Thank you again, triple-B.   Clicking on my profile pic reveals no kept bookmarks, but in fairness I may have deleted them long ago before the new Forum came into existence.   But again - why are such tips as you have given me here so obscure?.

That’s a fair point @wordsmith and one I’m trying to help with. Feel free to keep asking. I’m still exploring features all the time.

Red 2015 Tracer, UK spec (well, it was until I started messing with it...)

3 hours ago, wordsmith said:

Thank you again, triple-B.   Clicking on my profile pic reveals no kept bookmarks, but in fairness I may have deleted them long ago before the new Forum came into existence.   But again - why are such tips as you have given me here so obscure?.

Wordsmith the old bookmarks wouldn't work anymore this is an entire new website .

Then maybe, cruizin, you should reintroduce the feature!   I'm sure I am not the only one who found it very useful...

5 hours ago, wordsmith said:

Thank you, BBB.   Awl jew respeck an' awl that, but I have to disagree on the bookmark point.   The 'manage followed contact' doesn't appear to me to be as precise, as focussed, and as user-friendly as the old 'bookmark' facility.   Can it be restored?

Old software and follow has a ton more features settings now. Look, just stop being afraid of the new software because I think it is setting up a mental block to you learning the new software settings. Try, this software is light-years better.

Archived