Installing a Fuzeblock and running power to the front of the GT

vtwin996

I have a Fuzeblock from a previous bike install. I want to install it under the seat and run several power cables from it under the tank to the front of the bike and had a few questions.

Is there room under the seat for the Fuzeblock - looks like it would be pretty tight,

Is it necessary to remove the tank to run cables from under the seat to the front - looks like that would be the cleanest way to do it

The Fuzeblock needs a connection to a switched circuit to power the built in relay. Has anyone done this and which wire did you tap into?

Thanks!

• Supporting Member

What are you trying to connect that you need more power plugs? There’s already several unused power plugs available behind the wind screen, they are switched to power, when you turn the key on your device turns on. 

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

I've already used one of the additional power plugs behind the dash for a tire pressure monitoring system. I want to power a Zumo 665, radar detector, cell phone charger - all up front. Plus a circuit for a heated jacket but that outlet would come from the Fuzeblock routed under the seat by the back of the tank

• Supporting Member

Tail light wire is the blue one from the plug to the rear of the bike in this particular application, VTwin.  Can't speak to the opposite direction, though.

PC8.thumb.jpeg.fe8bc729083705b801c271aae7f276c2.jpeg

2019 Yamaha Tracer 900 GT (Annabelle)
2013 Suzuki V-Strom DL650 (Juliette)
2013 Yamaha FJR 1300 (Rachel)
2008 Suzuki Bandit 1250S (Fiona)
2006 Honda VFR800 (Jenny)
2005 Suzuki V-Strom DL650 (Hannah)
2003 Honda Shadow Sabre VT1100 (Veronica)

1 hour ago, vtwin996 said:

Great, thanks. I have the workshop manual, but not with me right now. Is it obvious which wire is the tail light wire?

Off topic, is your username a Super Hawk reference?

'15 FJ09

On 12/18/2018 at 1:07 PM, vtwin996 said:

Yes! From many years ago - 2005? Great bike but the US tank was too small!

Agreed!! My '99 could barely make 100 miles. Didn't have anything to do with the way I rode it, promise. 

'15 FJ09

Archived