Suspension kits

vince82

• Supporting Member

There is a whole suspension sub-forum available here, with a lot of good information. 

The FJ/ Tracer arguably has “decent” suspension, but responds very well to upgrades and can easily become OUTSTANDING!!

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

3 hours ago, betoney said:

There is a whole suspension sub-forum available here, with a lot of good information. 

But it's for the FJ-09 :)
Which is one of my questions, how much are the shock and fork compatible between the 2 models? Nothing? Fork only? both?

• Supporting Member
8 minutes ago, vince82 said:

But it's for the FJ-09 :)
Which is one of my questions, how much are the shock and fork compatible between the 2 models? Nothing? Fork only? both?

The dimension of the fork cartridge and cap from the FZ/MT/XSR/FJ/Tracer/GT should be the same, so a fork cartridge replacement should be easy to come by. 

I really cant comment on the shock.  I'm not sure if the eye-to-eye length is the same or if the internal valving is different due to the swingarm length like you mentioned. 

There are a lot of shock options for the FJ but your best bet would be to call some suspension shops and see what they offer for the Tracer.

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

On 1/16/2019 at 9:56 PM, betoney said:

The dimension of the fork cartridge and cap from the FZ/MT/XSR/FJ/Tracer/GT should be the same, so a fork cartridge replacement should be easy to come by. 

I really cant comment on the shock.  I'm not sure if the eye-to-eye length is the same or if the internal valving is different due to the swingarm length like you mentioned. 

There are a lot of shock options for the FJ but your best bet would be to call some suspension shops and see what they offer for the Tracer.

I researched the 19 Tracer shock a while ago because I was wondering if it could be a potential upgrade for my FJ-09. The non GT shock is actually the same OEM part number as a 15-17 FJ-09. The GT shock is different in more ways than the preload adjuster, but it sounds like the valving may not be much of an improvement. I did notice Ohlins has a new part number for the 19 Tracer but it's the same overall length, and it uses the same standard spring as their FJ shock.

As said, there are a lot of options available.

Front is the same, so I know you can get andreani cartridge kit, K-tech piston kit, öhlins cartridges ...

Rear you have a choice from Wilbers, öhlins, nitron ...

I decided to go on complete Öhlins for my GT. Front FKS504+springs and rear YA537.

Honda CB600F Hornet 2008; KTM LC4 640 SM Prestige 2007; Kawasaki Z1000 2007; Honda CB1000R 2010; BMW R1200GS 2010; Yamaha Tracer 900GT 2018; Yamaha TDM900 2002; Kawasaki KLX230 2020; KTM 690 Enduro R 2022: Bold = current

On 1/21/2019 at 7:59 PM, krucymucy said:

As said, there are a lot of options available.

Front is the same, so I know you can get andreani cartridge kit, K-tech piston kit, öhlins cartridges ...

Rear you have a choice from Wilbers, öhlins, nitron ...

I decided to go on complete Öhlins for my GT. Front FKS504+springs and rear YA537.

I just took a look at YA537, id does not prompt you to select a spring rate based on your weight? 

Archived