New GT owner

TracerDoc

Heya

Just got the 2019 GT. Been through many different bikes in the past. Given multiple attempts to quit motorcycling when my son was born. The best attempt was last year and kept away from 2 wheels for whole year and then boom here we go again. Wanted some thing with ergo similar to two of the favorite past bikes, Vstrom like ergo and street triple like soul. And here we have the perfect balance. Loving the bike so far. But wont be able to put miles on it until winter ends. Just got one good day yesterday and still in break in period. 

will do a detailed write up review pics etc once it warms up. 

as of now planning to do some mods and hopefully get some insight from other GT owners 

1. first and immediate will be LED markers and change the orange blob (been reading the thread about it, if any one have a plug and play option they liked please suggest that) 
  2. close behind it will be smaller windscreen and i am okay with clean air hitting the head than turbulence 
  3. Want to get opinion from others to see if bar end mirrors are feasible on these 
  4. Planning to drop front end (raise forks) by just 5-10 mm > saw some members did this already 
  5. keeping shock and internals same since i only weight puny 150 lb / ride was smooth enough but didnt push the bike hard sine break in/ / needs more tweaking of suspension for sure 
  6. thinking of yoshi 77 full system> heard it doesnt need flashing > any advise about this appreciated 

well thats for starters / i know i am weird in taste a bit wanting to make the adv tourers more leaning towards a naked tourer in looks. But personally to me i am not that much fan of the "running long legged giraffe" appearance of these adv style road warriors,  but love it when you do 300 miles and walk around without needing motrins. 

• Supporting Member

Welcome to the forum and good luck with your new GT. I would go with the re-flash, the bike benefits from one in stock form.  Look around on the forum there is a lot of info.

He who dies with the most toys wins.

6 hours ago, TracerDoc said:

Heya

Just got the 2019 GT. Been through many different bikes in the past. Given multiple attempts to quit motorcycling when my son was born. The best attempt was last year and kept away from 2 wheels for whole year and then boom here we go again. Wanted some thing with ergo similar to two of the favorite past bikes, Vstrom like ergo and street triple like soul. And here we have the perfect balance. Loving the bike so far. But wont be able to put miles on it until winter ends. Just got one good day yesterday and still in break in period. 

will do a detailed write up review pics etc once it warms up. 

as of now planning to do some mods and hopefully get some insight from other GT owners 

1. first and immediate will be LED markers and change the orange blob (been reading the thread about it, if any one have a plug and play option they liked please suggest that) 
  2. close behind it will be smaller windscreen and i am okay with clean air hitting the head than turbulence 
  3. Want to get opinion from others to see if bar end mirrors are feasible on these 
  4. Planning to drop front end (raise forks) by just 5-10 mm > saw some members did this already 
  5. keeping shock and internals same since i only weight puny 150 lb / ride was smooth enough but didnt push the bike hard sine break in/ / needs more tweaking of suspension for sure 
  6. thinking of yoshi 77 full system> heard it doesnt need flashing > any advise about this appreciated 

well thats for starters / i know i am weird in taste a bit wanting to make the adv tourers more leaning towards a naked tourer in looks. But personally to me i am not that much fan of the "running long legged giraffe" appearance of these adv style road warriors,  but love it when you do 300 miles and walk around without needing motrins. 

Welcome to the forum!  Be sure to upload an avatar, also visit your notification settings so you dont miss out on anything! 

Welcome on board!

Have seen the Yoshi system on the bike and it sounds much better than the Akrapovic but brings the exhaust up to the side of the bike which I think ruins the look of the bike.

I believe most people drop the the front end because pre-GT models used to wheelie a lot as they were light at the front. Ours (fellow GT owner here) has a longer swing arm so it isn't much of an issue. You should definitely look at tweaking the suspension settings though as they are set to very soft on standard. I am 190lbs though

Not sure why you would want bar end mirrors though as they would make the bike a lot wider

13 hours ago, bugie said:

Welcome on board!

Have seen the Yoshi system on the bike and it sounds much better than the Akrapovic but brings the exhaust up to the side of the bike which I think ruins the look of the bike.

I believe most people drop the the front end because pre-GT models used to wheelie a lot as they were light at the front. Ours (fellow GT owner here) has a longer swing arm so it isn't much of an issue. You should definitely look at tweaking the suspension settings though as they are set to very soft on standard. I am 190lbs though

Not sure why you would want bar end mirrors though as they would make the bike a lot wider

Yea look wise akra anyday, YouTube clip wise I loved the sound of Yoshimura. 

Bar end mirror to just get the big ones out from the area of direct wind. The combination of screen and these mirrors where making large pockets of buffered air right in the cock pit it seemed. Just going to get smaller profile bar end ones that curve inward and not outward. Subjectively I like that look better as well. 

Archived