What is this threaded hole for?

dingophil

• Premium Member

Pictured: unused threaded hole just forward of where the forks rest in the triple tree and to the left (and right of the ignition). Just curious if it's like that for everyone or if I'm missing out on a potential farkle. Thanks!

20190224_172216.thumb.jpg.08e0ca349be57d3702403cb19c60e5c6.jpg

I asked the identical question a few months ago - and had the same answer.   I, too, was looking for a farkle or two to attach, but it's just not possible!

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.   

1 hour ago, motopumps said:

How about the threaded holes on the underside of the handle bar riser clamps?  You have to feel for them in most cases...

Someone has an enquiring mind and sharp eyes!   Well spotted.   Never seen these before, but they are there.  Could be useful as mounting points for something, but what thing...?

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.   

On 2/26/2019 at 12:14 AM, wordsmith said:

Someone has an enquiring mind and sharp eyes!   Well spotted.   Never seen these before, but they are there.  Could be useful as mounting points for something, but what thing...?

gps_06_525_10200_3_xl.jpg
SW-MOTECH.COM

Vibration damped GPS mount, flexible adjustable, removable within seconds through QUICK-LOCK function, by SW-MOTECH for Yamaha MT-09...

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, micah2074 said:

Snapped a pic of an FZ-09 today. 

7D25CAF1-2345-4C96-BFB2-60612755382E.jpeg

Looks like a bracket of some sort. Any idea what it is holding? The clutch cable still goes through the cut out just beyond it, like the FJ. Thanks for the pic, I feel better knowing someone it putting it to good use, lol.

13 hours ago, enx said:
gps_06_525_10200_3_xl.jpg
SW-MOTECH.COM

Vibration damped GPS mount, flexible adjustable, removable within seconds through QUICK-LOCK function, by SW-MOTECH for Yamaha MT-09...

That has been a well-kept secret!   Thank you...

Archived