Need help- Bike won't start

I was trying to get the bike ready for the spring (was not used for 5 months) and when tried to start it, it won't start. Replaced battery but no luck. Now seeing 060 error code on the dash. Does anyone know how to fix it? 

Thanks in advance.

IMG_20190227_175749.thumb.jpg.cea5b528cc6cbb1ce241fb14bf14e467.jpg

Fault code 60 is the YCC-T drive system. Essentially the electronic throttle control. All the suggested “fixes” in the manual are about replacing parts or checking connections. If you’ve worked in that area before you put the bike away then check that all connectors are well seated. There is also a fuse for that system, which I can’t find a location for,  so have a look under the seat for any blown fuses.

• Thumbsup 1

Red 2015 Tracer, UK spec (well, it was until I started messing with it...)

• 2 weeks later...

You're looking for a fuse marked ETV, or Electronic Throttle Valve. 5AMP fuse, and should be in the tail section fuse box.

However, R6's will still start and idle with that fuse blown, so you may have something else going on? Let us know if you need more help,

-Skip

• Thanks 1

Ant idea of why they failed due to over current?

cb

1968 Triumph Bonneville 650
1971 Norton Commando Roadster
2002 Harley 1200 Sportster
2003 Honda ST 1300
2016 FJ 09

7 hours ago, prn said:

Not 100% sure what caused it but my guess is my attempt of jump-starting may have caused it.

If you jumped it from another running vehicle, then yes. Car's alternators put out too many amps while running and can cause all sorts of problems when jumping any powersport product.

Best to jump it from a NON-RUNNING car/truck/etc. 

Glad you got 'er fixed (sorry for my 5 amp vs. 7.5A error... damn middle age...)

-Skip

• Thumbsup 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 years later...

This thread is a Godsend for me, as I just experienced the same issue on my 2016 09. Coming off of winter here in WI, I started it a week ago and let it run up to temp. I then left it for a few days until wiring a new Zumo XT to replace the old 396. Afterwards I couldn't get the thing started. After a couple days of continued attempts I finally noticed the 060 code and the inability to use the display normally. After finding this thread I checked the fuse and there it was. Not sure what caused mine to go, but it certainly wasn't a jump start attempt. Anyway thanks for this wonderful resource. 

Edited by mnfjr
  • Thumbsup 4

14 hours ago, mnfjr said:

This thread is a Godsend for me, as I just experienced the same issue on my 2016 09. Coming off of winter here in WI, I started it a week ago and let it run up to temp. I then left it for a few days until wiring a new Zumo XT to replace the old 396. Afterwards I couldn't get the thing started. After a couple days of continued attempts I finally noticed the 060 code and the inability to use the display normally. After finding this thread I checked the fuse and there it was. Not sure what caused mine to go, but it certainly wasn't a jump start attempt. Anyway thanks for this wonderful resource. 

Glad it was able to help you.

remember too, that a motorcycle’s charging system is only designed to provide power while running and keep the battery charged.

It WILL NOT recharge a discharged battery. 
you can only do that with the appropriate battery charger. 

Idling your bike in hopes of recharging a weak battery is a waste of time and gas. A mcy doesn’t have the charging power that an auto has. Put it on the charger. 

HTH, 

-Skip

Edited by skipperT
  • Thanks 2