• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 42 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

looking to buy Shad SH45 top case

I'm tired of searching and have decided to go for the Shad SH45 top case for the FJ.  I like the idea of not needing the key every time I want to get into it.  But I have questions..

If anyone is using Shad top boxes, which rear rack are you using? I see that the case comes with the mount for the rack...but just curious on the rear rack.

Can it fit 2 full face helmets?  Or how about a helmet and a jacket?   real word answers needed. 

Quality ...I have looked at the Givi and they seem quite nice but the price difference is what I question, why?

I know people will be happy with their cases weather it be Givi, Kappa, SW-Motech, Shad ...etc.   But I really want to hear from the Shad owners 

Thanks 

I don't remember if I have the SH45 or SH48, but mine will not fit 2 full face helmets. It will fit a full size helmet + jacket comfortably. The locking mechanism sticks up just enough the lid won't close with both helmets in there. I put the helmet in sideways and the jacket has plenty of space.

If I were doing this again, I wouldn't buy a Shad. I don't like it very much. The weather stripping came off almost immediately. The reflector bit cracked for no damned reason. The passenger backrest pad was a bitch to install.

'15 FJ09

The sucks @koth442... dont have a top case but I do have the SH36s side cases and they are great. I really want the SH58x and would have one if it wasnt so $$$$.

'15 FJ-09 w/ lots of extras...

Fayetteville, GA, USA

3 hours ago, stumpy said:

...maybe I should take a look at the Givi too...

Twisted Throttle has the Awesome Givi V46 on sale this month for $269.10 and they provide free tech support on install. 

WWW.TWISTEDTHROTTLE.COM

Of course, this case is equipped with the same Monokey system that allows the bag to be opened, closed, locked, and removed with the same key. The case locks both closed and to the rack. The V46 is available in matte black...

They sell all the Givi and Shad models. Their support after the sale is unmatched in this industry, that's why I just made them a forum vendor! 

They have the Givi mounting Rack on sale too!

WWW.TWISTEDTHROTTLE.COM

Add extra carrying capacity to many GIVI Monokey top cases with the GIVI S150 universal nylon rack. Shop Twisted Throttle to get yours now!

Thanks for the heads up cruizin...but that is the U.S. and i'm in canada and their site doesn't have them on sale right now.  but i am looking at the Givi V47NNT case also...i really like the look of it now that i have seen it on a few bikes in photos...decisions...decisions....

13 hours ago, Cruizin said:

Twisted Throttle has the Awesome Givi V46 on sale this month for $269.10 and they provide free tech support on install. 

Daaaaamnnnnnn that's a helluva price!

'15 FJ09

Well I decided on the Givi V47NNT case.  I ordered one from Twisted Throttle Canada yesterday afternoon and it came this morning around 10am!!   holy crap that was fast!  Only problem is..it won't take my 2 Bell star helmets...not a real big deal ...but a bit disappointed.  Awesome looking case on the bike...the carbon fibre look matches the bike perfectly.

Thanks for all of the input...but I was nervous with the Shad situation in Canada...I know I could get stuff from off shore or U.S. ...but I did like the look a bit better.

Archived