Denali mini sound bomb buzzing

A plea to anyone who has fitted this after-market horn. I fitted mine using the mounting strip from the OEM horn, rather than the one supplied with the Denali, simply because the Yamaha one seemed thicker.

But, now the MOFO buzzes loudly when the engine gets above 70000rpm. Loud enough (obviously) to hear over the engine. The horn doesn’t seem to be touching anything, although is close to the left fork there are no marks there so I’m confident it’s not touching. 

Anyone else had any problems, or suggest a solution? I think I binned the Denali mounting strip so that’s not an option.

Red 2015 Tracer, UK spec (well, it was until I started messing with it...)

• Supporting Member
1 hour ago, BBB said:

But, now the MOFO buzzes loudly when the engine gets above 70000rpm.

Dang dude, you ride your bike HARD!!  😎

I cant help you with the buzz, is it a vibration buzz, or an electrical buzz?  Maybe something isn't grounded correctly?

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

1 hour ago, BBB said:

A plea to anyone who has fitted this after-market horn. I fitted mine using the mounting strip from the OEM horn, rather than the one supplied with the Denali, simply because the Yamaha one seemed thicker.

But, now the MOFO buzzes loudly when the engine gets above 70000rpm. Loud enough (obviously) to hear over the engine. The horn doesn’t seem to be touching anything, although is close to the left fork there are no marks there so I’m confident it’s not touching. 

Anyone else had any problems, or suggest a solution? I think I binned the Denali mounting strip so that’s not an option.

You can ask Twisted throttle, they know denali like the backs of their hands.  855-255-5550

This one? 

https://www.twistedthrottle.com/denali-soundbomb-compact-dual-tone-air-horn?acc=7f39f8317fbdb1988ef4c628eba02591

I have the horn fitted to mine and also used the OEM metal bracket. Mine doesn't buzz and points downward. Did you mount yours facing down or forward? If forward could it be that wind is catching it?

After a few months it had come loose and i had to use thread lock to prevent it moving (problem resolved)

• Premium Member
21 hours ago, BBB said:

This is what I have on my '15 FJ-09. 

WWW.TWISTEDTHROTTLE.COM

<p><strong>Features:</strong></p> <ul> <li>Sleek all black construction</li> <li>Demands attention that significantly...

Have had the Steible on other bikes, but they only lasted for about a year. They started buzzing as the compressor left town. The remote compressor on the Split is still working after 3 years. Water does the dammage on the integrated unit. Does it still sound OK?

Archived