STEERING DAMPER

BFUNCK

I did a search in the forums and did not really find anything.  My question is has anyone put a damper on there 2019 Yamaha Tracer 900GT. If so what brand did you go with. I have had GPR and also Ohlins on other bikes. This seems to be a hard item to find. Checked RevZilla to no avail.   Thank you in advance for any suggestions and or help!!!!

• Supporting Member

@BFUNCK  You can get one from Stoltec Moto for the FJ09, I would call them for fitment on the GT.

Before dropping $500 on a steering damper, have you set up your suspension and bike geometry?  This bike responds very favorably to raising the forks 5-10mm in the clamps and proper springs for your weight.  Some riders also claim the factory hand guards are less than ideal aerodynamically and add to head shake at speed.

Trust me, I am a bike parts geek, if there is something available - I want it.  After getting my suspension set up I have no desire/need to buy a steering damper.  I have used GPR and Ohlins (Scotts) on my dirt bikes and realize their value when riding on roots and rocks, I feel no such need on the FJ.

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

Totally Overkill unless your doing spinning laps at the track 7 days a week.. The internet tends to make a very small problem (think less than 20people) look like them 20people are 2000 people with an issue... 

But then again it's your choice... 

2012 wr250f - C-class 30+ age group
2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition-80whp
2015 fj-09- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich tune by 2WDW @120whp

Archived