• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Premium Member
Me. I'm the best mod.
no way, hoser! 
y0_zpsch9zwuzh.gif

Name your roundabout! 
This signature is left blank as the poster writes enough pretentious bollocks as it is.

• Premium Member
thought that might fox you

tricky thing, this English language :)
This signature is left blank as the poster writes enough pretentious bollocks as it is.

Guest eatpasta
well you lot invented it.  You should have fixed it before sending it across the pond! 
fitz_zpskk0eadwy.gif

I vote for a radiator guard!  Followed by a tire hugger extender for the rear to keep the pants dry.  First saves that expensive radiator and engine, the second a little dignity. 
2015 Grey FJ09 with a few tweaks, 2007 HD Street Glide - Good Bike + Good Friends = Good Day.

You guys are too funny.

I think we had a little dust up in the 1770's to get our own dictionary.  As a proud recipient of "overseas staff college, passed" from the UK's Ministry of Defence, (complete with guest time on Saulsbury Plains in winter) I can honestly say that English English and American English crossovers can be fun.  Certainly no one in the good old US of A is going to say "let's step out and blow a fag" (smoke a cigarette) or ask to throw a spare tire in someone's boot (which may imply humongous size or a car trunk).

To translate:  Rotaries at dawn!  My vote's with the Yank...

Edit: I forgot to mention Whitworth Wrenches for my Royal Enfield Interceptor....
2015 Grey FJ09 with a few tweaks, 2007 HD Street Glide - Good Bike + Good Friends = Good Day.

Uniball....I'm  waiting for spring to arrive so no bike yet but i ordered the  heated grips. Are they completely  controlled thru the display or do they have extra switches for temp/on/off?

They are completely controlled with Yamaha menu switches. Very intuitive!
You have 3 "warmth" settings to choose from when riding, but for all 3 you can customize how warm they are in scale from 1 to 10.

• Premium Member
well you lot invented it.  You should have fixed it before sending it across the pond! 
fitz_zpskk0eadwy.gif

You lot keep deviating from the Service Level Agreement, making unauthorised customisations. 

• Premium Member
You guys are too funny. 
I think we had a little dust up in the 1770's to get our own dictionary.  As a proud recipient of "overseas staff college, passed" from the UK's Ministry of Defence, (complete with guest time on Saulsbury Plains in winter) I can honestly say that English English and American English crossovers can be fun.  Certainly no one in the good old US of A is going to say "let's step out and blow a fag" (smoke a cigarette) or ask to throw a spare tire in someone's boot (which may imply humongous size or a car trunk).

To translate:  Rotaries at dawn!  My vote's with the Yank...

Edit: I forgot to mention Whitworth Wrenches for my Royal Enfield Interceptor....
But you guys go to work wearing pants!

Guest eatpasta
fitz_zpskk0eadwy.gif

You lot keep deviating from the Service Level Agreement, making unauthorised customisations. 
ohhhh no ya dont, mate.  You lot cant even agree yourselves, let alone understand 
[video src=https://youtu.be/5rKYL0tW-Ek]

• Premium Member
well, we had to get to guns or monty python eventually. Didn't expect it so soon, and to British rules, too :)

Just wondering. Has anyone tried to connect cheap after market grip heaters to the Yamaha connectors to see if they could be operated via the console? And if no luck making it work, what type of protection did Yamaha add to make their grips only work with the console?

• Premium Member
Just wondering. Has anyone tried to connect cheap after market grip heaters to the Yamaha connectors to see if they could be operated via the console? And if no luck making it work, what type of protection did Yamaha add to make their grips only work with the console?
No, the Yamaha grips will have an electronic interface with the ECU which is probably via a canbus. 
You can use the power pins for your aftermarket grips but the ECU won't know they are fitted as you lack the interface.  

Archived