cspradlin

Soon-to-be new owner in East Tennessee

Hello!

After much deliberation, I decided I needed an upgrade from my first bike, an old, kinda beat-up '99 Katana 600.  I went to the nearest dealership expecting to be rather disappointed, mostly due to my lack of height, and found a '15 FJ-09 loaded to the gills.  It's a wee bit tall (28" or 29" inseam depending the brand of jeans), but manageable.  All the mods I would get anyway, and well, here we are with me picking up the bike this coming Friday (5-14-19).

I live in East Tennessee, in the Oak Ridge surrounding area.  I am a veteran, 4.5 years active with one tour and 4 years reserve.  I've been a corrections officer with the state, and now I do computer refurbishing work.  Trust me, the computer refurbishing is much more fulfilling.

I'm almost always up for rides if anyone wants to go!  I use a Cardo Packtalk comm, if it matters.

20190507_170552.thumb.jpg.950257a6bfa05325ebd413dc2f81f63c.jpg

• Thumbsup 3

Welcome! You'll love this bike, and especially in your area! I'm a bit west over in Nashville but riding out to Tellico this weekend to wear out my tires 😂

• Thumbsup 1

JPEG_20190517_175421.jpg?width=720&heigh

I have obtained the FJ!

The, what I thought were cheapo chinese LEDs, are actually Clearwater LEDs!

And the previous owner kept a maintenance log!

AND left a set of sprockets in the pannier that the dealership apparently did not notice.

• Thumbsup 2
  • Like 1

Congratulations on the new FJ, @cspradlin!  It’s a great bike, and I’m sure you’re really going to enjoy it.  Especially where you live... great riding in Tennessee. 

Enjoy! 

Went on a group ride today, about 40 miles total, as well as tooling around a bit, and I'm *definitely* loving the bike!  It's confidence inspiring, comfortable, I just love riding it!

D64d9McW0AArcHu.jpg

Local barbecue place, took the loooooong way around to get there and took our newbie friend (who I sold my Katana 600 to) to get used to the bike and learning the joys of twisties.

• Thumbsup 2

Very noice!

Australian Lava Red MT-09 Tracer, 06/ 2015 build model, first on-road 21/ 12/ 2018, with many farkles.   Redland Bay, Queensland, Australia