Fault Code List

skipperT

This information is found freely on the web.
Fault code List:

12 Crankshaft Position sensor
13, 14, 20, 25, 26 Intake air pressure sensor
15 Throttle Position sensor
19 Kickstand Switch 
21 Coolant temperature switch
22 Intake air temperature sensor
24 Oxygen sensor
30 & 41 Lean angle sensor
33, 34, and 35 Ignition coil 1, 2, and 3 respectively
39 Fuel Injector
42 Rear wheel speed sensor, clutch switch, or neutral switch
43 Fuel system voltage low
46 Charging voltage abnormal
50 ECU memory
59 Accelerator Position Sensor
60 YCCT malfunction
69 Front wheel speed sensor

-Skip

Edited by skipperT

This information is found freely on the web. "What the numbers mean" List:

12 Crankshaft Position sensor
13, 14, 20, 25, 26 Intake air pressure sensor
15 Throttle Position sensor
19 Kickstand Switch 
21 Coolant temperature switch
22 Intake air temperature sensor
24 Oxygen sensor
30 & 41 Lean angle sensor
33, 34, and 35 Ignition coil 1, 2, and 3 respectively
39 Fuel Injector
42 Rear wheel speed sensor, clutch switch, or neutral switch
43 Fuel system voltage low
46 Charging voltage abnormal
50 ECU memory
59 Accelerator Position Sensor
60 YCCT malfunction
69 Front wheel speed sensor

Mods: if you feel this is a borderline post, please delete. No hard feelings... 8)

-Skip

Not a borderline post at all. Post all the FJ-09 info that you want to. Only thing that we cannot post is stuff that Yamaha sells, like copyrighted service manuals. Now, you can quote the service manual, you can post step b step instructions, in fact please do! We just cannot post copies of copyrighted books, that's all.

Root- are you referring to when you first start the bike?

That's normal. The Check engine light goes off once the engine is idling if all is well and the ECU doesn't see anything that's abnormal. The ABS warning will stay lit solidly until the bike starts to move, at which point it will go out.

Skip

• Thumbsup 1

This information is found freely on the web. "What the numbers mean" List:

Mods: if you feel this is a borderline post, please delete. No hard feelings... 8)

-Skip

Thanks for posting this Skip.  I changed the title to "Fault Code List" and added a link on the "How To" Index.  Good job.  :)

Ken, Candy Ass L.D.R. Sleeps 8 hours
(2)2005 FJR1300abs:  230,000 m
2015 FJ-09:  114,000 m (Replaced engine at 106K)

• 2 years later...
hey skip thanks for sharing, just one question though lately my check engine light has been lit on after my break in period which is around 1,600 kms as per yamaha dealers advice already changed my oil and it is still the light is on no error codes though

Hmm. Check engine light shouldn't STAY on after the engine is started and running unless the ECM is "seeing" a value that it isn't programmed to accept as "normal" or "typical".

If the light is on, something isn't right.

-Skip

• 2 years later...

Hmm, missing code 70 , i have that on my “15 tracer. Is ir the dame as on the R1 and means a too long idle time?

if i test my throttle funktion on 01 it smoothly runnung up an down from 16 t0 101

if i am correct you should see the same effect on 03 an 04 in diag mode. If i am correct.

but when i select those, the value on both stays 101 , despite i turn the throttle full open or close. Is that normal?

no i have no problem driving my tracer.

i just want to understand.

greeeeeeeetzzzzz

Harm

i

• 2 months later...
On 10/27/2019 at 11:54 AM, Mt09harrumpie said:

Hmm, missing code 70 , i have that on my “15 tracer. Is ir the dame as on the R1 and means a too long idle time?

if i test my throttle funktion on 01 it smoothly runnung up an down from 16 t0 101

if i am correct you should see the same effect on 03 an 04 in diag mode. If i am correct.

but when i select those, the value on both stays 101 , despite i turn the throttle full open or close. Is that normal?

no i have no problem driving my tracer.

i just want to understand.

greeeeeeeetzzzzz

Harm

i

101 is actually the barometric pressure value as read by the sensor. If you crank the engine while viewing that number, it will change as the intake/exhaust valves open and close and the piston goes through it's stroke.

You may be confused as to what you are looking at: when in DIAG mode you use a different chart which explains what all the channel numbers are, and what the values mean.

The chart I posted is a Fault code list, and the number will appear in the display when the key is switched on/engine not started, or depending on the fault - will appear after attempting to start the engine.

Post back if you need more hep.

-Skip

• 5 months later...

Hello I have an FJ09 2016, I did maintenance today and sync the throttle bodies with some gauges the bike feals great again but even when the bike runs great I got a check engine light and no problems at all in all my way back home, once I arrive home I turn the key to off position and turn it on again, the right displays shows "0013" the bike runs smooth  and with all the power, I searched on this forum and over google and I found nothing about it, any idea about this 0013

Thanks in advance.

@Seetth, that code is “intake air pressure sensor”, shown in the list above. It probably means that you disturbed something during your throttle body synch, or left something off. It may be worth clearing the code and if it comes back, going back under the tank and checking around where you did the work.

Red 2015 Tracer, UK spec (well, it was until I started messing with it...)