Tires: suggestions?

Larz

On 6/21/2019 at 11:04 AM, Larz said:

Just about 5K on the clock- had to do a lot of Freeway ( ran down I-15 thru the length of Utah) on the way home from Idaho- rear is about down to the wear bars. Don't like how often these Dunlops kick in the traction control, so going to do both front and rear. 

What do folks out there like for tires on the Tracer?

Black ones!  

On 6/22/2019 at 8:01 AM, Larz said:

Shinkos are a bargain, for sure. How's the tread life? It's always subjective, but I think I'm a pretty aggressive rider overall- need something that will go better than 5k.

Larz, Larz, Larz!  Obviously I have failed you.  I tried my best to talk you out of buying your Tracer, but you had to have one.  If your back tire is gone at 5K, you are having fun.  I'm an old beat up goober who rides his Tracer in B2.  My back after 5K looks new.  Not that, the tire damnit!  Pick a tire and replace as needed, and continue having fun.  I don't want to scare you (everything is scary nowdays), but you could end up married to my ex-wife and lose the Tracer in the divorce.  Now get busy and wear out some more  tires.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Larz said:

Oh Coop, I was thinking White Walls to go with a Candy stripe paint job for the Holiday Season

Larz, it is obviously you need the services of my mental health professional.  I'm not saying it will help because I'm not acting right and don't expect to be doing so any time in the future.  Winter is coming and with it comes good riding weather.  Just try to resist putting my little pony decals on the paint.  

• Haha 1