Soupy's Lowering link and what to expect

basstodave

Hey everyone.

I'm also have some height issues. I've gone back and forth debating a different bike, but rode my FJ for 900 miles over the weekend and really love it. I already have the lowered seat installed, but I still can't walk the bike. My blood pressure rises every time i pull into a parking lot. So, what are my options? Obviously Soupy's, however, I'm not comfortable grinding off/away any parts on the bike already. Are there actual genuine links from Honda?

I'm also worried about the side stand and center stand with lowering links, as I'd still like to use the stock ones. Possible? I know someone mentioned above that it's quite erect when on the side stand. Any input on that? Or pictures? Thanks!

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Lust (Co.) has lowering links that they say will lower the bike 1".
Soupys sells and adjustable side stand, but it's quite pricey (and I don't understand why it's adjustable when their lowering links aren't).
I'd also like to see info on the 'yamaha' lowering links - google doesn't find anything about them.

Lust (Co.) has lowering links that they say will lower the bike 1". Soupys sells and adjustable side stand, but it's quite pricey (and I don't understand why it's adjustable when their lowering links aren't).
I'd also like to see info on the 'yamaha' lowering links - google doesn't find anything about them.
Thanks.  I will do a quick search for Lust. 
For the lowering link, it's only on Canada's website version.  Maybe others, but not int he US.  See link.

http://www.yamaha-motor.ca/eshop/detail.php?sectionId=AC&groupId=19&subGroupId=34&categoryId=96&itemId=5414&unitId=4565&unitName=2015+FJ-09&unitGroup=MC&unitYear=2015&items_per_page=12&page=1

Anyway, a guy at the Yamaha shop really advised me not to lower the bike.  However, if I can't lower it, I'm just not that comfortable scooting it around in tight spaces.  If that's the case, I'd rather sell it and get a different bike then always be worried I'm going to drop it.  Really kills the enjoyment factor.

For the lowering link, it's only on Canada's website version.  Maybe others, but not int he US.  See link.

http://www.yamaha-motor.ca/eshop/detail.php?sectionId=AC&groupId=19&subGroupId=34&categoryId=96&itemId=5414&unitId=4565&unitName=2015+FJ-09&unitGroup=MC&unitYear=2015&items_per_page=12&page=1

Anyway, a guy at the Yamaha shop really advised me not to lower the bike.  However, if I can't lower it, I'm just not that comfortable scooting it around in tight spaces.  If that's the case, I'd rather sell it and get a different bike then always be worried I'm going to drop it.  Really kills the enjoyment factor.

Thanks for the link.  The description says it lowers the bike 15mm.  That's just a tad over half an inch, which I don't think is worth the bother.  So I'll be going with Lust's.  Unless I can find adjustable lowering links...  Or get brave and make my own (I have the dimensions for FZ-09 stock and lowering links, I THINK they're the same...). 

Thanks for the link.  The description says it lowers the bike 15mm.  That's just a tad over half an inch, which I don't think is worth the bother.  So I'll be going with Lust's.  Unless I can find adjustable lowering links...  Or get brave and make my own (I have the dimensions for FZ-09 stock and lowering links, I THINK they're the same...). 

I'd prefer the soupy's 1.25", but someone mentioned you have ot shave off material. I also saw Lust's, which 1 inch would be great, but i don't know anything about that company and it's in the UK I believe. Not sure how long shipment would take. But if you do get it, let us know how it goes. Maybe some pictures as well?

I ordered the Lust links. I will be dropping off the bike at the dealer to get the recall done on it while I am away on vacation next week, and will have them install them and drop the front on the forks to maintain geometry.

I'll post pics of me on it before and after, as well as how it looks on the side stand.

I ordered the Lust links. I will be dropping off the bike at the dealer to get the recall done on it while I am away on vacation next week, and will have them install them and drop the front on the forks to maintain geometry.  
I'll post pics of me on it before and after, as well as how it looks on the side stand.
Thanks chief!   

Aaaannnd I got an email that a US distributor cleaned them out and that there will be a two week delay in shipping. Oh well. I will still get it done. I am just going to wait until my first oil change in a few weeks.

Aaaannnd I got an email that a US distributor cleaned them out and that there will be a two week delay in shipping. Oh well. I will still get it done. I am just going to wait until my first oil change in a few weeks.
Soupy's or Lust? 

http://i.imgur.com/Z2xl0jh.jpg 5/8" lowered front and rear and the low seat is slammed to the plastics.
Nice man, looks really good.  I need to move to the north for 2 reasons.  That scenery, and the additional accessories offered by Yamaha.

For the lowered "slammed" seat, did you just remove some of the plastic on the pan?  If you had to guess, how much that did that lower you by, 1/4"?  Thanks man, appreciate the photo!

I removed the plastic high/low seat adjuster and cut the rubber cushions/bumpers down until the seat just started to touch the plastics. The bumpers end up sitting on the frame/tail section. I also modified the locator stub to let the seat drop at the rear.
I'm thinkin I gained a thin 1/4"
Coming to you from the frozen wastelands of the barren north

Archived