1 Year In

I picked a brand new 2017 FJ 09 leftover 1 year ago for 8995 + tax out the door. 7200 miles later I love it. No breakdowns or warranty claims. The only problem I had was ruining the speed sensor when I changed over to Michelins. I did a lot of mods just to get everything the bike has to give. It has a lot. The biggest thing I did was K-Tech front and rear and it was worth every penny. I took the back roads home from work last week in my 2016 Toyota Tundra and ended up on the back roads I ride on. I was shocked how rough they were.  The truck was like a bucking bronco where as on the bike it was so smooth that I never noticed how rough the road is. Except for new levers there aren't really any mods left for me to do. I've ridden it hard, far and fast and I'm really pleased with it.

The draggy part is winter is here and so not much riding for the next 4 months. I love working on it but there's just not much left that I could add.

• Supporting Member
27 minutes ago, chesterburnet said:

The draggy part is winter is here and so not much riding for the next 4 months. I love working on it but there's just not much left that I could add.

I am the same way, I'm always asking myself "what can I do next?".  I love working on it and personalizing it but short of painting it or powder coating the wheels, I don't have much left to do in the off season.

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

4 hours ago, betoney said:

I'm always asking myself "what can I do next?".  

GT?   Start over??  🙄

• Haha 1

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.   

Yeah winter is kinda a blessing/curse- gives us a chance to upgrade without missing out on nice riding weather... We( myself and friends) use winter to upgrade the fast cars/trucks or build new ones... I currently got 2 turbo s10 pickups to work on, my FZ-07 and a few other projects to keep me occupied during winter... Sometimes we just create odd projects from left over parts/take offs to kill time... I would be more annoyed if I kinda didn't have the typical winter months of sub zero temps and snow because I would wanna go ride and ignore upgrades since it's nice riding weather... 

• Thumbsup 2
2012 wr250f - C-class 30+ age group
2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition-80whp
2015 fj-09- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich tune by 2WDW @120whp

• Supporting Member
4 hours ago, wordsmith said:

GT?   Start over??  🙄

Unfortunately, starting over with the GT there is very little left to do, it already comes with everything.  👍

• Thumbsup 1

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

Turbo it!!! The FZ/FJ-09 share same air box, so im pretty sure the FZ-09 turbo kit will fit with some trimming of the left side plastic... 200whp sounds just about right says Goldilocks 🤪

2012 wr250f - C-class 30+ age group
2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition-80whp
2015 fj-09- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich tune by 2WDW @120whp

When I bought mine (same year), I spent the first winter upgrading it - and found that many of the upgrades I as doing required doing a bit of electrical work - which I hate. Taking the time to do it right and not splice things in where they aren't supposed to go took time, but it was worth it in the end.

I always value the "work" to make it just the way i want it - vs buying what the factory thinks i want out of the box.

• Thumbsup 1