Aprilia RS 660

texscottyd

• Supporting Member
5 minutes ago, texscottyd said:

It exists in real metal & carbon fiber, not just as an artist's rendering.   I'll be watching this one closely as it gets closer to production...

aprilia-tuono-660-concept-eicma-Nov_2019.thumb.jpg.e907cc2f091efe1a27302b29e736bbf6.jpg

Wow, that is one SEXY machine!  It just screams hooligan! 😎

It still amuses me that they even bother with passenger accommodations.

• Thumbsup 1

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

• Supporting Member
2 hours ago, betoney said:

Exactly my thoughts!  I had looked at that photo for maybe 5 seconds when I thought "Yeah, those passenger pegs & mounts will be the first thing to go..."

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Premium Member
On 11/6/2019 at 4:07 PM, 1moreroad said:

Reading this I thought of the old joke:

That reminds me of what they say about cars: 

Cars in Heaven have French suspension, American engines, and Italian styling. 

Cars in Hell have American suspension, Italian engines, and French styling.

• Thumbsup 1
  • Haha 3

• 6 months later...
  • Supporting Member
On 11/14/2019 at 7:58 AM, texscottyd said:

It exists in real metal & carbon fiber, not just as an artist's rendering.   I'll be watching this one closely as it gets closer to production...

aprilia-tuono-660-concept-eicma-Nov_2019.thumb.jpg.e907cc2f091efe1a27302b29e736bbf6.jpg

Just an update to keep you salivating...  The Italian styling, fit and finish is absolutely impeccable. 😲

• Thumbsup 1
  • Like 1

On 11/14/2019 at 10:06 AM, betoney said:

One of the first things that left my FJ when I got it. I added weight with a rear rack and SHAD40 liter top case to go with the Hebco-Becker side cases. I took off the rear rider pegs and the bark busters too. I figure you add weight and you take it away. Try, try, try to keep the weight down. I've had a thing for Turono's my whole life......well since I learned Aprilla had them, LOL! Just wish my mechanics didn't have to be Italians to own 1. 

Edited by tktplz
  • Thumbsup 1

Ain't no fun when the rabbit gets the gun!

• Supporting Member
12 minutes ago, tktplz said:

One of the first things that left my FJ when I got it. I added weight with a rear rack and SHAD40 liter top case to go with the Hebco-Becker side cases. I took off the rear rider pegs and the bark busters too. I figure you add weight and you take it away. Try, try, try to keep the weight down. I've had a thing for Turono's my whole life......well since I learned Aprilla had them, LOL! Just wish my mechanics didn't have to be Italians to own 1. 

I have ridden the last 2 generations of Tuono and they are indeed amazing machines.  WAY more power than you could realistically need and absolutely effortless to ride - and ride FAST.  If the smaller 660 is anything like the bigger models then that little bike will be INSANE.

• Thumbsup 1
  • Like 1

• Supporting Member
1 hour ago, betoney said:

Just an update to keep you salivating...  The Italian styling, fit and finish is absolutely impeccable. 

Where’s the ‘heavy breathing’ reaction emoji?   So much want...  has anyone heard even ballpark pricing?   If it’s not too outrageous, I think it would be the perfect bookend to the FJ.    Or maybe the KTM 890 Duke R?   It’s a great time to be lusting after a high-spec middleweight sport standard.    

@tktplz - For what it’s worth, my current Aprilia (2001 Mille R) has been reliable, reasonably low-maintenance, and easy to work on.   Parts availability is becoming the limiting factor now, but I would have no reservations about buying another Aprilia.   It would have to be something like the 660 Tuono, however, since the Mille is an absolute torture rack to ride on the street...  

• Thumbsup 2

• Supporting Member
3 minutes ago, texscottyd said:

Or maybe the KTM 890 Duke R?   It’s a great time to be lusting after a high-spec middleweight sport standard.

My thoughts exactly.  The 890 Duke is an improvement on the 790 in almost every way, I am very curious if KTM will eventually release a 890 GT version.  It is indeed a great time to have so many options.

• Thumbsup 1

• Supporting Member
4 hours ago, betoney said:

The 890 Duke is an improvement on the 790 in almost every way.

The KTM website says $11,699 (plus $550 Freight) for the 2020 890 Duke R, which sounds pretty reasonable to me.   Any guidance on the Tuono 660 pricing?   It looks to be a more complex & well-finished bike than the KTM...  maybe $13k USD?  The big-brother V4 Tuono starts around $15.5k, so I’m really curious where this 660 slots in.

• Supporting Member
16 minutes ago, texscottyd said:

The KTM website says $11,699 (plus $550 Freight) for the 2020 890 Duke R, which sounds pretty reasonable to me.   Any guidance on the Tuono 660 pricing?   It looks to be a more complex & well-finished bike than the KTM...  maybe $13k USD?  The big-brother V4 Tuono starts around $15.5k, so I’m really curious where this 660 slots in.

I haven't heard anything regarding pricing or an actual release date but expect it to be close to what you are guessing.

• 3 months later...
  • Premium Member

The reviews even say the ergos are good. I'm glad at least one company is still committed to building great sportbikes.

But I just checked the Aprilia website and the nearest dealer is 250 miles away in Seattle. 😕

• Thumbsup 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • Supporting Member
4 hours ago, texscottyd said:

The plot thickens:   $11,300 USD is way less money than I was anticipating for the new RS 660 

The Tuono 660 is 'supposed' to be released in a few months followed by the new Tuareg 660 adventure bike. 👍

• Thumbsup 1