Clock condensation

• Supporting Member

In my experience, anytime you get that kind of condensation within a sealed device it points to the seal being compromised in some way.  So yes, probably worth a claim enquiry.

• Thumbsup 1

• Premium Member
16 hours ago, Dodgy Knees said:

18 tracer. 2000 miles on clock.  I've noticed condensation inside clocks. Doesn't affect anything but ain't quite right.   Anybody else had this.?    Is it worthy of a warranty claim.?

I had mine replaced under warranty at about 21000 miles. Service Mgr at the dealer took care of everything.

• Thumbsup 1

The previous owner of mine had the dash replaced under warranty for condensation. Just be aware that it resets the odometer.

Despite that I still occasionally get some horizontal streaks in certain weather conditions.

• Thumbsup 1

Red 2015 Tracer, UK spec (well, it was until I started messing with it...)

• Premium Member

This seems to be a common problem. I've been fortunate, no condensation in my 2015, even though it sits out in the rain at work all the time.

I frequently had condensation on my old BMW K100RS. One of many problems on that shitheap.

• 6 months later...

I know, old post. Just reading through old posts, wait till this winter...

Check the rubber wire connector cover on the back. On the FZ-07 it's part of the Assembly process at the dealer, don't know about the FJ.

On my FZ-07 I had a spider one day staring back at me from under the clear plastic. Removed cluster and the rubber cover wasn't installed correctly at the dealer. Direct access for moisture and spiders.

So these things are not sealed units, they breath through the wire connector hole underneath.

• Thanks 1