KTM 890 Duke R

texscottyd

• Supporting Member

The world may be in crisis, but it’s still a great time to be a motorcyclist.   So many cool options out there...  

Add this KTM 890 Duke R to my short list of next hooligan bikes (along with the Aprilia RS 660 Tuono, etc...)

• Thumbsup 1
  • Like 1

• Supporting Member
1 hour ago, texscottyd said:

The world may be in crisis, but it’s still a great time to be a motorcyclist.   So many cool options out there...  

Add this KTM 890 Duke R to my short list of next hooligan bikes (along with the Aprilia RS 660 Tuono, etc...)

I was looking at the specs on that, 120hp/73lb.ft torque @ 366 lbs   

A few months ago a moto journalist commented that he wasn't sure that KTM needed this bike as the 790 had such a good power to weight ratio and was ridiculous fun.  More is better, right?

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

• Supporting Member
1 hour ago, Dodgy Knees said:

Its the missing piece of the ktm pie.

The more models available, the better and what they are offering for under $12k is impressive.  Just like Kawasaki upped their game with a lot of their 2020 models, I hope that motivates Yamaha to think outside the box and push the envelope in the next 5 years. 

Edited by betoney
  • Thumbsup 2

• Supporting Member
2 hours ago, betoney said:

More is better, right?

Rhetorical question, right?   :)  

Apparently it’s a bit more motor, but hugely upgraded suspension and brakes.   So yeah, more is definitely better in this case.  

• Thumbsup 1
  • Like 1

• Supporting Member
2 hours ago, keithu said:

I just can't get past most KTM styling, especially the headlights. Give this platform to the Husqvarna team!

I agree, I'm not a fan of the styling.  For a smaller hooligan machine, I'm looking forward to the Aprilia Tuono 660.

aprilia-tuono-660-concept.jpg

Concepts don't have passenger pegs.

• Thumbsup 1
  • Like 2

• Supporting Member
9 minutes ago, betoney said:

I agree, I'm not a fan of the styling.  For a smaller hooligan machine, I'm looking forward to the Aprilia Tuono 660.

aprilia-tuono-660-concept.jpg

Concepts don't have passenger pegs.

100% concur.   That is an incredibly sexy piece of machinery... 

3E856BE8-E6E9-4117-A966-59F8209F039C.thumb.jpeg.9ec08b01c2a677d0317646162aaddf22.jpeg

• Like 1