Rear Bakes FJ-09

• Supporting Member
2 minutes ago, pieyed07 said:

What have folks done to improve the rear brakes stopping power on the FJ-09 2015?

You could swap the pads to an HH compound with more friction.  I would make sure everything is cleaned, inspected and serviced first, I find it fairly easy to activate the ABS on the rear already.

• Thumbsup 2

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

4 minutes ago, betoney said:

I find it fairly easy to activate the ABS on the rear already.

same here. if i had better brakes on the back, i think i would actually take longer to stop because the abs would be kicking in too much.

• Thumbsup 1

• Supporting Member

Interesting; I find my rear brakes a bit squishy.  Been meaning to adjust the linkage to bite a bit sooner when pressing the brake pedal.

2015 FJ-09 / FJR touring bags / oil plug mod / Evotech rad guard / SW Motech bash plate / VStream touring windshield / Seat Concepts:  Sport Touring / Vcyclenut ABS rings (speedo correction) / Cosmo RAM mount

• Supporting Member
14 minutes ago, knyte said:

Interesting; I find my rear brakes a bit squishy.  Been meaning to adjust the linkage to bite a bit sooner when pressing the brake pedal.

If your brake pedal feels "squishy" the very first thing to do is check for any air in the line, it should only take a minute or two to do a quick bleed.

• Thumbsup 1
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member

I had steel braided brake lines installed and could feel no change.  Then I switched to HH brake pads and felt a significant improvement.

• Thumbsup 2

https://ridemsta.com/oh-tmr/  Riding makes me happy. "Do it or don't do it - you'll regret both." - Soren Kierkegaard

2015 FJ-09, 60k miles, Hord Power ECU, K-Tech suspension, MC Cruise

• Supporting Member
39 minutes ago, duhg said:

I had steel braided brake lines installed and could feel no change.  Then I switched to HH brake pads and felt a significant improvement.

Are they the sintered pads ?

2015 FJ-09 / FJR touring bags / oil plug mod / Evotech rad guard / SW Motech bash plate / VStream touring windshield / Seat Concepts:  Sport Touring / Vcyclenut ABS rings (speedo correction) / Cosmo RAM mount

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, pieyed07 said:

What have folks done to improve the rear brakes stopping power on the FJ-09 2015?

320mm rotor conversion and Brembo Corsa Corta Master Cylinder - the mechanics and adjust-ability on that lever are awesome - same used on all the MotoGP bikes.  - Steel line of course and  the upgraded pads -   

• Thumbsup 1

2015 FJ-09 - Andreani Cartridges, Ohlins 535 Rear Shock, LightTech Chain Adjusters, Yoshi Fender Eliminator, Blaster-X Integrated Tail Light/Blinkers,  Full Yoshi Exhaust, Ivan's Flash, Bagster Seat, Rizoma: (Bar, Grips, Bar Ends, Mirrors, Oil Cap, Rear Pegs) Bremob Corsa Corta Master Cylinder, Bremob RCS19 Hadraulic Clutch, GPR Steering Damper, Speigler Hydraulic Lines, EBC Brake Pads, Puig Screen, HealTech Quick Shifter, MPG Rearset, XSR900 Slipper Clutch, Driven Racing Halo Gas Cap, SW-Motch Front / Rear Axel Sliders,  R1 Rotors / 320mm Kit Conversion. 

• Premium Member
30 minutes ago, coachluciano said:

320mm rotor conversion and Brembo Corsa Corta Master Cylinder - the mechanics and adjust-ability on that lever are awesome - same used on all the MotoGP bikes.  - Steel line of course and  the upgraded pads -   

Just realized said rear - I was referring to front on the Brembo comments.  Personally, I hardly use the rear brakes unless I'm stopped on a hill.

2015 FJ-09 - Andreani Cartridges, Ohlins 535 Rear Shock, LightTech Chain Adjusters, Yoshi Fender Eliminator, Blaster-X Integrated Tail Light/Blinkers,  Full Yoshi Exhaust, Ivan's Flash, Bagster Seat, Rizoma: (Bar, Grips, Bar Ends, Mirrors, Oil Cap, Rear Pegs) Bremob Corsa Corta Master Cylinder, Bremob RCS19 Hadraulic Clutch, GPR Steering Damper, Speigler Hydraulic Lines, EBC Brake Pads, Puig Screen, HealTech Quick Shifter, MPG Rearset, XSR900 Slipper Clutch, Driven Racing Halo Gas Cap, SW-Motch Front / Rear Axel Sliders,  R1 Rotors / 320mm Kit Conversion. 

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, knyte said:

Are they the sintered pads ?

Yes.  "EBC Double-H Sintered Rear Brake Pads"

• Thanks 1

https://ridemsta.com/oh-tmr/  Riding makes me happy. "Do it or don't do it - you'll regret both." - Soren Kierkegaard

2015 FJ-09, 60k miles, Hord Power ECU, K-Tech suspension, MC Cruise

4 hours ago, knyte said:

Try changing the fluid completely. It’s only a small circuit so if the fluid has absorbed water it really shows up. As above, HH pads are good, and it is easy to provoke the ABS when it all works properly.

• Thanks 1

Red 2015 Tracer, UK spec (well, it was until I started messing with it...)

• Supporting Member
1 hour ago, pieyed07 said:

At this time, I think this is the route for me. Thanks for all the come backs. 

Before throwing money at it, have you done a quick bleed to check for any air bubbles?  A quick bleed check should only take 10 seconds,  - pump/hold, open, close, release, done.  Not saying that replacing the pads isn't necessary but checking for air is very quick and free.

• Thumbsup 1

2 hours ago, betoney said:

Before throwing money at it, have you done a quick bleed to check for any air bubbles?  A quick bleed check should only take 10 seconds,  - pump/hold, open, close, release, done.  Not saying that replacing the pads isn't necessary but checking for air is very quick and free.

I will try that. Thanks 

• Thumbsup 1