I've had a forkin' good time on the 4th!

Now that I finally broke 1000km on the GT, I felt it was time to really make her my own. My fat *ss needs better suspension than what the factory can offer, having maxed out the preload on both the shock and forks. So since I was already wrenching on her for the first service anyway, I figured I'd try something new. I've never done this before, and I'm learning a bunch from this forum to help me along. Cheers to you all! I've got some AK-20s coming for the forks, and a Penske double-clicker for the rear.

IMG_20200704_183632.jpg

IMG_20200704_183659.jpg

• Thumbsup 1
  • Like 4

• Supporting Member

I’ve said it countless times:  “Suspension is hands-down the best money you can spend on a Tracer/FJ.”    

If you like the bike already, just wait until you ride it with the new shock & forks...  it’s a transformational upgrade.   

• Thumbsup 3
  • Like 1

• Supporting Member
14 minutes ago, SKYFLIX said:

I've got some AK-20s coming for the forks, and a Penske double-clicker for the rear.

Very Nice!  Did you order both from Traxxion Dynamics?  I got my Penske shock from them and it is AWESOME!  Definitely share your thoughts on the AK-20's when they get installed, they have been on my radar for a long time.  (And Traxxion Dynamics 'usually' has a Black Friday sale)👍

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

Indeed I did. I reached out to a number of different vendors over the past few days, and Dan at Traxxion has been *awesome* at answering my questions and getting back to me very quickly. Plus I've been familiar with Traxxion's great suspension upgrades for the Gold Wings, so it was pretty much a done deal at that point. I'm VERY eager to see how they perform. TBH, I felt like I could have lived with it, but I've just heard so many people, like texscottyd, say how transformational a suspension upgrade can be. And how everyone says how they wish they had done it sooner. I think what finally sealed it for me was my trip up to the NC and TN mountains last weekend with my friend on our 'Wings. The roads are tremendously fun even on those heavy bikes, but nearly the entire trip I was wondering how much more fun they would be on the Tracer. But I knew darn well that the stock bike would leave me disappointed and in pain if I didn't do something about the suspension first.

• Thumbsup 1
  • Thanks 1