another melted dash thanks to national cycle

My last bike was a 2003 Honda Shadow. I bought it in 2016. In 6 months it started curling and bubbling. Within a year the 13 year old polarizer film for the LCD melted from the Florida sun. Reading up on it, seems to be a common issue for LCD panels exposed to the sun in FL and TX. It took some searching but I found a high temp rated polarizing film, disassembled my speedo and replaced the odometer polarizer with the high temp stuff. Never even showed the slightest signs of curling or discoloration for the following 2 years I owned it. 

You may have to do homework to see what kinda plastic you need, but it's probably worth it to try to find a high temp replacement and use that instead. Make sure you know if it just needs to be plastic, or a polarizing film. If the LCDs are invisible with the plastic removed, it's a polarizer. If it's a polarizer make sure the polarized side is facing the inside (will increase the range of view) and that it is assigned properly (alligned as flat horizontally as possible)

• Thumbsup 1

• 2 weeks later...

National Cycle Sport Windscreen N20331

"The patented "V" shape and advanced dimensional contours push the wind vortex away from the rider's head, resulting in a peaceful, quiet riding environment. "

Is there any truth to their statement as looking at these windscreen. 

35 minutes ago, WKE002 said:

National Cycle Sport Windscreen N20331

"The patented "V" shape and advanced dimensional contours push the wind vortex away from the rider's head, resulting in a peaceful, quiet riding environment. "

Is there any truth to their statement as looking at these windscreen. 

it is definitely quieter than the stock screen, but im 6'1" and still have a little buffeting around my helmet. not enough to make it loud, but enough that it makes my helmet sort of oscillate a bit.

• Thumbsup 1

• 5 months later...

Jeeze. Is the windscreen tinted or clear?

1968 Triumph Bonneville 650
1971 Norton Commando Roadster
2002 Harley 1200 Sportster
2003 Honda ST 1300
2016 FJ 09