Another new owner

jetpilot5

Brought mine home Thursday. Hoping to get out a few times before the weather gets too bad to ride. 2019 base model demo bike with 469 miles on it. Traded straight across for my 2018 Triumph Tiger 1200 XRx. They also threw in the factory tools, which was a complete shock. The dealer said the tools were supposed to go with the bike. I don't think so but they wouldn't take no for an answer, so I have the factory service tools too.🙂

2141971666_Rogerfirstday1.thumb.JPG.2a80a4fb9cde0e3cdf42bc6e5ec78d44.JPG

• Thumbsup 5
  • Like 2

• Supporting Member

Congrats on the new bike @jetpilot5, something to obsess over during the long winter.  I rode one during the Yamaha demo days this summer and was honestly surprised at how well it worked.  The Niken has a slightly heavier crankshaft than the MT/Tracer motor and makes the bike accelerate/decelerate ultra smoothly, it makes the fueling feel like a flashed bike. 👍

• Thumbsup 3

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

9 hours ago, 1moreroad said:

Are you a former STNer? There are a couple of us here. Enjoy the new ride!

I am, was there almost from the beginning. I recognize your name and thanks, I'm really looking forward to getting out on the new machine.

• Thumbsup 1

• 2 weeks later...
19 hours ago, Howton said:

Someday I'll take one of these for a spin!

If you get the opportunity please do. I've always been fascinated by the Niken since I first read about it and then was blown away by the test ride. I think it would be more popular if more riders gave it a chance.

Edited by jetpilot5
  • Thumbsup 1

• Supporting Member
53 minutes ago, jetpilot5 said:

If you get the opportunity please do. I've always been fascinated by the Niken since I first read about it and then was blown away by the test ride. I think it would be more popular if more riders gave it a chance.

Very true, many 'purists' will choose not to give it a fair and open minded look just because it is different. 

I rode one during Yamaha's demo days this summer and thought it was great. Very impressed.

• Thumbsup 1

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

• Supporting Member
4 hours ago, jetpilot5 said:

I second that. Be careful to make sure you have room in the garage beforehand because I bought one after my first "test ride" of a pre-owned Niken. 

• Thumbsup 1
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2019 Niken GT
"Motorcycles - the brand is not important, the fact that you ride is."

• 4 months later...