maximNikenGT

• Supporting Member

From Facebook, French Niken owner confirmed 2019 Niken #1553.  Newest high for 2019s. 

So 2018 Nikens =511,

2019 Nikens=1553, and

2020 Nikens =699

for a worldwide total of 2763. Still no serial numbers confirmed for 2021 Nikens.

For reference there were only 2958 Cadillac ELRS ever made. 

2019 Niken GT
"Motorcycles - the brand is not important, the fact that you ride is."

• Supporting Member

Niken confirmed country representation so far includes, Australia, Canada, Czechoslovakia, France, Italy, Israel, Japan, New Zealand, Philippines, Portugal, Scotland, Serbia, Spain, Taiwan, Thailand, Turkey, UK, US, Wales. Any I missed?

2019 Niken GT

• Supporting Member

UPDATED WORLDWIDE NIKEN TOTALS:

2019 #354 in Ohio, 2020 #1359 in Taiwan, 

Newest high confirmed for 2020s. This brings worldwide estimate to:

So 2018 Nikens =511,

2019 Nikens=1553, and

2020 Nikens =1359

Still no serial numbers confirmed for 2021 Nikens

for a new worldwide total of 3423!

For reference there were only  3289 Ferrari 456 models ever made. 

2019 Niken GT

• Supporting Member

UPDATED WORLDWIDE NIKEN TOTALS:

2019: #1540 GT in France, 

2020: #2258 in Thailand, 

New high VIN confirmed for 2020 model year. This brings worldwide estimate to:

So 2018 Nikens =511,

2019 Nikens=1553, and

2020 Nikens =2258

Still no serial numbers confirmed for 2021 Nikens

for a new worldwide total of 4322!

For reference there were only  4099 Lamborghini Murcielagos ever made. 

2019 Niken GT

• 2 weeks later...
  • Supporting Member
5 hours ago, Frank Hoo said:

NIken GT Owner here in China. Yamaha only imported about 20 into mainland. And its expensive with all the duty and tax. 

Greetings Frank. You're the first confirmed Chinese owner! Welcome to the group!  May I inquire as to the year, model (GT?) and your last six of your VIN please?

Also, how much does a Niken go for in a China after all taxes and duties are applied? Here in the US a regular new Niken sells at $16000 USD (104829 RMB) and a new Niken GT goes for $17,300 USD (113346 RMB). 

• Thumbsup 1

2019 Niken GT

• Supporting Member

Niken confirmed country representation so far includes, Australia, Canada, China, Czechoslovakia, France, Italy, Israel, Japan, New Zealand, Philippines, Portugal, Scotland, Serbia, Spain, Taiwan, Thailand, Turkey, UK, US, Wales. Any I missed?

2019 Niken GT

56 minutes ago, maximNikenGT said:

Greetings Frank. You're the first confirmed Chinese owner! Welcome to the group!  May I inquire as to the year, model (GT?) and your last six of your VIN please?

Also, how much does a Niken go for in a China after all taxes and duties are applied? Here in the US a regular new Niken sells at $16000 USD (104829 RMB) and a new Niken GT goes for $17,300 USD (113346 RMB). 

HI, last six digits of VIN is 001968. price is kind of scary, retail price is 259,800 RMB, I spent about 300,000RMB including all tax stuff. base on current FX rate, its around 46,000USD. not to mention all the aftermarket parts.

also the side bags and luggage rack are not standard in GT model here.

Edited by Frank Hoo

• Supporting Member
6 minutes ago, Frank Hoo said:

HI, last six digits of VIN is 001968. price is kind of scary, retail price is 259,800 RMB, I spent about 300,000RMB including all tax stuff. base on current FX rate, its around 46,000USD. not to mention all the aftermarket parts.

also the side bags and  are not standard in GT model here.

Thanks Frank. Congratulations on being one of the few Niken riders in your country! There are maybe a little over 100 Nikens in Italy sold total according to a Italian yamaha dealer source. 20 in all of China sounds low until you realize how much tax and duties are applied. Was this number from your Yamaha dealer? I've been trying to find something with Yamaha sales numbers but it doesn't seem to be published  

What year is your bike?

I've seen how much Audi A2s go for in Hong Kong  so I figured it'd be high in mainland, especially given how rare that bike already is worldwide. Are you going to try and get the double license plate so you can drive from mainland China and into Hong Kong? 

My last visit to Hong Kong I saw Porsche Cayenne GTS with the double license plates to allow use in both Hong Kong and China and was amazed at how much work it takes to have double tags and double insurance  to drive across zones in China. 

2019 Niken GT

1 minute ago, maximNikenGT said:

Thanks Frank. What year?

I've seen how much Audi A2s go for in Hong Kong  so I figured it'd be high in mainland, especially given how rare that bike already is worldwide. Are you going to try and get the double license plate so you can drive from mainland China and into Hong Kong? 

My last visit to Hong Kong I saw Porsche Cayenne GTS with the double license plates to allow use in both Hong Kong and China and was amazed at how much work it takes to have double tags and double insurance  to drive across zones in China. 

I am actually not so sure which year it is. I purchased in Oct last year. I assume it is 2020.

in general Yamaha is more expensive here, compared to my last Ducati 959, its 200,000RMB. auto industry is heavily taxed here to protect local brands.

in terms of the double license plate, I am not entitled to have it. In order to have that you have to have a sizable operation in both HK and Mainland. 

• Supporting Member
5 minutes ago, Frank Hoo said:

I am actually not so sure which year it is. I purchased in Oct last year. I assume it is 2020.

in general Yamaha is more expensive here, compared to my last Ducati 959, its 200,000RMB. auto industry is heavily taxed here to protect local brands.

in terms of the double license plate, I am not entitled to have it. In order to have that you have to have a sizable operation in both HK and Mainland. 

Didn't know that you had to have sizeable business operations in both HK and mainland to qualify for the double tags. I learned something new!

I can't wait to hear your stories of how locals look at the Niken in China. I'm curious if people realize there just how rare that bike is...and whether it gets more attention than your Ducati 959?

2019 Niken GT

3 minutes ago, maximNikenGT said:

Didn't know that you had to have sizeable business operations in both HK and mainland to qualify for the double tags. I learned something new!

I can't wait to hear your stories of how locals look at the Niken in China. I'm curious if people realize there just how rare that bike is...and whether it gets more attention than your Ducati 959?

Well, it is extremely rare, 23 or 24 in total in China. bikers would be really surprised. compared to Ducati, the attention is different. people would say its a cool bike to the red but WTH to the blue. LOL.

sad story is I was hit by a car last Dec, bike is with dealership right now. Due to covid I still havent got the parts.

• Supporting Member
33 minutes ago, Frank Hoo said:

Well, it is extremely rare, 23 or 24 in total in China. bikers would be really surprised. compared to Ducati, the attention is different. people would say its a cool bike to the red but WTH to the blue. LOL.

sad story is I was hit by a car last Dec, bike is with dealership right now. Due to covid I still havent got the parts.

WTH to the blue is funny - I get the same reaction most of the time. People can't quite wrap their heads around the front end. 

Sorry to hear about your accident. Hopefully no one was hurt seriously. Was the damage to the Niken bad?

2019 Niken GT

11 minutes ago, maximNikenGT said:

WTH to the blue is funny - I get the same reaction most of the time. People can't quite wrap their heads around the front end. 

Sorry to hear about your accident. Hopefully no one was hurt seriously. Was the damage to the Niken bad?

1776707572.thumb.jpg.cb04643223c7461d744b0d9528d09cff.jpg

No serious damage to the bike, most are cosmetic. the impact is to my right foot, so i had to go through a surgery. family is really upset though.

the repair bill is about 400 dollars, mainly foot peg, break leaver and that shield above the right front tire.

1460771216.thumb.jpg.a27da1c845a015cdb57fc2bc3c94a99a.jpg1475150083.thumb.jpg.34042111beeab36dac2e8f244b468490.jpg

Edited by Frank Hoo
  • Sad 1

• Supporting Member
1 minute ago, Frank Hoo said:

1776707572.thumb.jpg.cb04643223c7461d744b0d9528d09cff.jpg

No serious damage to the bike, most are cosmetic. the impact is to my right foot, so i had to go through a surgery. family is really upset though.

the repair bill is about 400 dollars, mainly foot peg, break leaver and that shield about the right front tire.

1460771216.thumb.jpg.a27da1c845a015cdb57fc2bc3c94a99a.jpg1475150083.thumb.jpg.34042111beeab36dac2e8f244b468490.jpg

OMG!!! I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU HAVE A PHOTO OF YOU AT THE ACCIDENT STILL STUCK UNDER YOUR BIKE!?! 

In the US bystanders generally help you get the bike off you? 

On a separate note this make me want to look closer at my SW Motech crash bars to make sure if this happened to me then hopefully my foot wouldn't get crushed by the bike...

2019 Niken GT