spot lights

Pere

Hi all thought i would put a post about the fog lights, got them on 60w very bright i think 30w would be a better choice, thanks to the furum found the connectors behind the clocks i chose to use the black square block as wanted them on all the time this goes to the fuse box nearest the front and is number 3 in the book but had to up the fuse from 2amp to 5amp, the grey connector uses to fuse which is for the ABS so stayed away from that.

• Supporting Member
3 hours ago, Pere said:

Hi all thought i would put a post about the fog lights, got them on 60w very bright i think 30w would be a better choice, thanks to the furum found the connectors behind the clocks i chose to use the black square block as wanted them on all the time this goes to the fuse box nearest the front and is number 3 in the book but had to up the fuse from 2amp to 5amp, the grey connector uses to fuse which is for the ABS so stayed away from that.

I don't think that is correct.  The gray and black plugs behind the screen are all switched (on with the ignition) none of them are tied to the ABS, and shouldn't require you to use the incorrect fuse. 

I have ALL of my accessories hardwired into those 12v switched plugs, GPS, running lights and USB charger.

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

• 3 weeks later...

I wouldn't up any fuses, especially more than double the rating (from 2 to 5 amps). The fuse rating and wire thickness are related. Increasing the load on a wire beyond what it can handle can burn the wire.