Rear light wire removal

Clicknow

There is a connector under the rear seat.  I disconnected mine and pulled the brake light unit out so I could tap into the wires with PosiTap connectors.  I used PosiTap instead of cutting and soldering or using crimp connectors as that is the least intrusive and easy to undo.  From what I could tell the leads from the connector to the brake light unit are probably soldered to a circuit board in the light module and are not removable without some effort.

What kind of module are you wanting to install?  

• Thumbsup 1

When i wired up my STS module, i bought a matching male and female connector from cycleterminal (

Sumitomo - HM Sealed(Mounting Bracket type) and MT Sealed type...

and fabricated a plug-and-play harness. In that way, the installation is as simple as connecting up the harness inline between the bikes existing wiring harness and the brake light, and should you ever want to remove it, it leaves your original wiring untouched.

IMG_0045.jpg

• Thumbsup 3

That's a very clean install.  I need to order up some connectors  and go back and re-do mine.  Mine isn't bad but the PosiTap terminals are not small and take up some room.  I come off them to a connector for the light on the top case.  So far I'm happy with the top case additional brake and tail light but want to add some turn signals on the back of my side cases - more wires and connectors.  

31 minutes ago, PhotoAl said:

That's a very clean install.  I need to order up some connectors  and go back and re-do mine.  Mine isn't bad but the PosiTap terminals are not small and take up some room.  I come off them to a connector for the light on the top case.  So far I'm happy with the top case additional brake and tail light but want to add some turn signals on the back of my side cases - more wires and connectors.  

To run a brake signal to my LED rear blinkers they provided a positap (provided with the blinker kit) which was perfect for the intended purpose.

When I ran the aux brake light (Feniex T3) on my FJR went the above in-line “jumper” harness route. If they hadn’t put the positap in the kit, would have probably done it again.