Someone asked how much weight the sidestand can support.

• Premium Member
On 6/10/2021 at 4:44 PM, Wintersdark said:

Why?  When the kickstand is up, it's horizontal.  You could use the hole to spray throughout the inside of the kickstand easily.  Just put the bike on the centerstand and look at the bottom of the sidestand.

Ok, the, Ill give it a shot... 🙂

On 6/7/2021 at 8:33 PM, Skidood said:

Reviving this thread simply to ask, is it OK  (with the sidestand down)  to put all my weight on the inboard peg and mount the bike?  When just standing beside the bike  I find it very difficult to swing my right leg over the back when getting on as I have a top case on the passenger seat and I am not a very flexible dude.. I worry about overstressing the stand.  I weight 205 lbs with gear..

I have wondered the same thing , with the tail bag it is hard to get the leg over . I found that placing the right knee firmly in the seat before putting my left foot on the peg takes a lot of weight off the side stand . 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Bob K said:

I have wondered the same thing , with the tail bag it is hard to get the leg over . I found that placing the right knee firmly in the seat before putting my left foot on the peg takes a lot of weight off the side stand . 

It's fine.  I'm a 300lb guy before gear and I can jump on the footpeg without the slightest questionable feeling.

You can rotate the bike around safely on the sidestand (by lifting the rear and putting the majority of the weight of the bike on it and twisting!), and it weighs a lot more than (I assume) you do.