• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 48 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Handlebar extensions cable length

Hello all. Been considering adding some extensions like Rox Risers to my handlebars. I have a freakishly long torso for my body height but unfortunately my arms are fairly short.

My question for you knowledgeable folks is whether there is sufficient extra length in all of the cables routed to the handlebars to add up to 2 in of height without any problems. Don't really want to have to change out any cables.

Thank you for any help you can provide.

Best,

Mark

I have the Heli bar risers that do a total of 1 1/8" tall and 1 1/8" back, which is exactly 2" in total additional length by my geometry.

Both the throttle cables and brake lines are about as far as I would deem comfortable in terms of slack.

• Supporting Member
8 minutes ago, mferring said:

Hello all. Been considering adding some extensions like Rox Risers to my handlebars. I have a freakishly long torso for my body height but unfortunately my arms are fairly short.

My question for you knowledgeable folks is whether there is sufficient extra length in all of the cables routed to the handlebars to add up to 2 in of height without any problems. Don't really want to have to change out any cables.

Thank you for any help you can provide.

Best,

Mark

A 2 inch rise is alot, I have the Helibars Riser, 1" up and 1" back and I had to remove the brake line clip to get enough slack and had to rotate the throttle housing forward as well.  The 2" rise might be a bit of a stretch - literally.

• Thumbsup 2

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

Another option is cut the handle bar shorter at each end. This will get your length back from the riser. 

I think the handle bar is freakishly long. I installed a Rizoma MA009 bar and still cut it shorter. If you like the hand protectors this might be a problem.

• Thumbsup 2

I have shoulder/neck issues, initially put Motopump risers on my GT goo.

Without actual re-routing the cable runs, but with a little tweaking, was comfortable with all the runs (with the factory risers rotated to the aft setting).

But-when I installed the GPR stabilizer, the actual stabilizer mounting plate lifted the factory risers up about another 3/8” inch-which did make the runs too “tight” without re-routing. 

So I yanked the Motopumps. If you are interested in a set that were used for about a month (and are like new) check them out and make me an offer...

Regards;

Mark