RAM X-Grip cel phone mount

20150409_104409_zpsumu9aikx.jpg

Got this setup for my birthday. It consists of 3 separate part numbers. The base has a stainless U Bolt and the 1in ball (I put a wrap of electrical tape so I wouldn't mark the bars). I have the shortest "neck" they have, and the large XGrip to fit my Samsung Galaxy Note2. To round out the install I picked up a 12V socket with 2 USB outlets and a USB to mini USB cable to charge while I ride. This thing is very solid while riding, and I can get a variety of placements/angles to suit. Good quality stuff.
2015 Matte Grey
Modded stock exhaust, modded stock screen, modded stock seat, OEM heated grips, LED indicators, FlashTuned ECU, ZX10R shock

Definitely a nice setup, the ram mounts are really nice. I found a slip grip for my phone and case... Only to discover I have the one phone that the camera gets messed up when mounted on a bike. Lucky phone pick HTC one M8...Otherwise I'd be sharing photos of the setup. Boo. I also went to the trouble of getting a retractable charge cable. compact is good.

How well do those universal x grips work? They've always made me unsettled.

There are 3 sizes of x-grip. I think choosing the right size is important. I have 350km riding on this so far and it's rock solid.
2015 Matte Grey
Modded stock exhaust, modded stock screen, modded stock seat, OEM heated grips, LED indicators, FlashTuned ECU, ZX10R shock

• 1 month later...
  • Premium Member

I have an Ram mount x-grip on my bike. works flawless!
I have a slim rubble bumper case on my phone so the rubber on rubber contact with the x-mount points is rock solid.

I highly recommend this product.
you can see it in this pic. 

IMG_20150607_124348182_HDR.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
20150409_104409_zpsumu9aikx.jpg 
Got this setup for my birthday. It consists of 3 separate part numbers. The base has a stainless U Bolt and the 1in ball (I put a wrap of electrical tape so I wouldn't mark the bars). I have the shortest "neck" they have, and the large XGrip to fit my Samsung Galaxy Note2. To round out the install I picked up a 12V socket with 2 USB outlets and a USB to mini USB cable to charge while I ride. This thing is very solid while riding, and I can get a variety of placements/angles to suit. Good quality stuff.
Can you share what the part numbers are? There are so many different parts for RAM mounts, I don't want to order the wrong thing. :)

• Premium Member
Part Numbers.
There are other number that will also work but those are the basics.

Universal X-Grip Phone Cradle with B-Ball - RAM-HOL-UN7BU
Medium Arm B-Socket - RAM-B-201U
Steel U-Bolt Motorcycle Mount Base - RAM-B-231U

I did the top triple bolt kit, shortest extension, and the mid size phone mount. It works perfect with my LG G3. I like to have the phone sideways for navi and it doesn't block anything on the dash. If I have it up and down the only thing I can't is the neutral light, but the gear indicator takes care of that for me :) I'll see if I can dig up the part numbers, I pulled them off the shelf at a local shop instead of amazon.

dUamNBb.jpg

TPfWD4s.jpg

Does anyone know of a source to buy replacement rubber bumpers for this RAM X mount? I loaned mine to the Mrs. to use on her pedal bike and it came back missing 2 of the rubber bumpers.
Amazon. Or if you're in Canada, gpscity.ca 
put a dab of super glue in the holes before you slide them on :)

Archived