Breeze up my Back

9 hours ago, BBB said:

I’ve had it a few times and it has been when I haven’t fastened my cuff straps tight enough. Air flows up the sleeves, but not enough for my arms to feel particularly cold, then gets trapped in the jacket and it inflates. Keeping the front vent flaps closed, but opening the rear vents works but it feels cold. The only solution I’ve found is to ensure the jacket is tight at your wrists or wear longer gloves that come over the cuff.

Figured out not too long after I got my Tracer GOO GT that the handguards put the airflow straight up my sleeves. This time of year I appreciate it. Early Spring & late fall (and moderate winter) the handguard extensions I mount take care of that little issue.

Imma skinny dude relatively and as others have posted on any bike if leaned forward a loose jacket balloons horribly on my back. So I don’t wear loose jackets…

5 hours ago, thewrenchbender said:

Figured out not too long after I got my Tracer GOO GT that the handguards put the airflow straight up my sleeves. This time of year I appreciate it. Early Spring & late fall (and moderate winter) the handguard extensions I mount take care of that little issue.

Imma skinny dude relatively and as others have posted on any bike if leaned forward a loose jacket balloons horribly on my back. So I don’t wear loose jackets…

Bizarre that that the handguards direct air into your sleeves. The cuffs on my gloves don't always do a good job of preventing this, which leads to tghe zipper at the end of my sleeve slowly opening up, until half my fiorearm is exposed, so I just recently ordered new gloves from AliExpress which have BIG cuffs. 

image.png.a869d493d35f44fed946bd3b2efae22a.png

I have the same issue. Definitely a backdraft, not coming up the sleeves. I tightened the jackets drawstring and that helped a bit. But, my buddy has the same bike with the MRA windshield and I don’t have that issue on his bike. 

9 hours ago, Wintersdark said:

This is more jacket related than motorcycle related.  Most jackets these days have adjusters around the waist to keep them snug and prevent this.

Generally speaking, it's something that happens more the more you're leaning forward, as the low pressure behind you pulls your jacket back and up from your body, and this opens the bottom if you're not kind of sitting on it.  When sitting straight upright it happens much less.

I've got one jacket that's pretty bad for it, a Joe Rocket jacket (it has a waist adjuster, but it's just a simple pair of straps and snaps that can be in two positions, neither of which really help) and a Revit Sand 5 that's phenomenal and has adjuster straps at multiple points so it's formed to my body and cannot do that (without feeling constricting at all).  

Opening rear vents does help with the inflating jacket issue, less when it's from the above problem, but if it's from intake vents or sleeves open it helps significantly.

Interesting.  The jacket I was having this issue with is an old Joe Rocket ballistic.  I did tighten the side straps down, and it did help somewhat.  More recently, with warmer weather, I have switched to a Joe Rocket mesh jacket with lots of airflow; no problems with this jacket!  Also added a cheap deflector/extension to the stock windscreen, which has really improved the helmet buffeting and clearly altered the airflow; that may have been part of the improvement as well.