A well known and great sadness of our time is the serious collapse of insect populations. Those old enough remember when a drive through the countryside meant you would have your radiator and window covered in dead bugs. Now days, it's rare. The collapse of insect populations is well documented, and the result of insecticides used on farms and loss of habitat in other areas. And though not many people love insects like I do, we all depend on them for the functioning of nature as we need it. 

So don't mind a lot of bugs on your windshields, but feel sad we contribute to their demise. Our world without bugs is a world without humanity. Sorry to get all serious, but I keep reading of insect population declines around the world and it is a serious and scary happening. 

1 hour ago, Salish900 said:

A well known and great sadness of our time is the serious collapse of insect populations. Those old enough remember when a drive through the countryside meant you would have your radiator and window covered in dead bugs. Now days, it's rare. The collapse of insect populations is well documented, and the result of insecticides used on farms and loss of habitat in other areas. And though not many people love insects like I do, we all depend on them for the functioning of nature as we need it. 

So don't mind a lot of bugs on your windshields, but feel sad we contribute to their demise. Our world without bugs is a world without humanity. Sorry to get all serious, but I keep reading of insect population declines around the world and it is a serious and scary happening. 

I still hate love bugs.

• Haha 2