Will the 2022 GT9 have significantly less bugs?

Agree with @Ride365 Yamahas are pretty good bikes, not perfect but pretty good.  I think of the 2019-2020 GTs as well sorted bikes.  I see the 2021 as different but again not a clean sheet design but rather a 2020 with lots of improvements.  Some of the improvements are pretty big like changing swingarm attachment from outside the frame to inside the frame but again frame and swingarm are evolved not totally new.  Lots of new parts but I think it will be good from the start.  I have a 2020 GT and really like the new bike but if I were to trade would wait till the initial demand has slowed and bikes are more available.  

10 hours ago, Ride365 said:

Stromtrooper has about 10X more problem stickies/threads and such than here, the Stroms have had plenty of ailments and annoying problems over the years in comparison to the FJ-09 and Tracers. I am still a fan of the Stroms as I obviously know you are, but I don't see myself ever buying another. Yamaha appears to be much more receptive, proactive and willing to fix issues in comparison to all the big 4 Japanese brands. 

Sorry but I must strongly disagree. I’ve owned 13 of them (2xVee, 5xWee, 5xWee2 and 1Wee3). Few with 50 000km on them when sold. Never single problem. “10x more problem treads”? V Strom is on the market since 2003 and FJ09 2015. How many sold? Look at the number of V Strom owners. Look on the size and activity of Stromtroopers comparing to FJ09/Tracer. I always had a confidence in V Strom. I can’t say the same about FJ09/Tracer. Mapping issues? Chain good for few thousands miles? Damaged oil pan? Damaged wheel adjustment plates?Tight valves at half of the mileage recommended by Yamaha… 

10 hours ago, Rick123 said:

Sorry but I must strongly disagree. I’ve owned 13 of them (2xVee, 5xWee, 5xWee2 and 1Wee3). Few with 50 000km on them when sold. Never single problem. “10x more problem treads”? V Strom is on the market since 2003 and FJ09 2015. How many sold? Look at the number of V Strom owners. Look on the size and activity of Stromtroopers comparing to FJ09/Tracer. I always had a confidence in V Strom. I can’t say the same about FJ09/Tracer. Mapping issues? Chain good for few thousands miles? Damaged oil pan? Damaged wheel adjustment plates?Tight valves at half of the mileage recommended by Yamaha… 

You have had good luck with Stroms, many not so much. The first gen 1000's were the biggest problem children by far, but plenty of annoying issues with the 650's over the years as well. They are pretty boring bikes overall and very much like a Toyota Camry, but that's most certainly not a bad thing. :) I could make a long list of annoyances and issues with the Stroms since I've been around them and owned since 2005, and a huge reason why I went with the Tracer was the overall lack of issues and annoyances. My GT is the best bike off the showroom floor I've ever owned, fits me like a glove and is an absolute riot to ride. We have some great choices in bikes out there, I think overall I have just lost my exuberance and luster with bikes that Suzuki puts out. 

14 hours ago, Rick123 said:

I had an '04 dl650, and a '13 dl650 Adventure. Both were excellent bikes with zero problems. Rope both all over the place, lots of Rockies trips, plenty of power and comfort. I expect my Tracer to be similar, remains to be seen.