Cheap Lever Set Recommendations?

Whenever I'm more than a few blocks from home, I like to carry a set of cheapo brake and clutch levers just in case of a parking lot incident.

The OEMs are somewhat reasonably priced, but I want cheap; something I can tuck under the seat and forget about that will function and get me home.

fleaBay and the Brazilian River are jam-packed with all sorts of Chinese lever sets from mild to wild that all look pretty decent and have good reviews, and I've used these in the past on other bikes with no issues at all.

Should I just grab a random set from fleaBay or scAmazon and call it a day? Or does anyone have any specific brand or seller recommendations?

I bought a set of the adjustable levers for my Tracer on eBay. The were quite comfortable, more so than the stockers actually. I had to revert on my clutch side, as their tab was just slightly short to properly work the switch in the lever housing. This had the effect of disabling my cruise control. 

FWIW- the ones I purchased were labelled "3D levers" and they had a textured outer surface for additional grip. Works well, especially in rain or snow. Yep, snow... There are some things you just never want to know!

3d levers.jpg

• Supporting Member
6 hours ago, bwringer said:

Whenever I'm more than a few blocks from home, I like to carry a set of cheapo brake and clutch levers just in case of a parking lot incident.

I use adjustable levers for my everyday levers and keep the oem levers in my side cases as spares in case of a mishap.

• Thumbsup 1

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***