New Seat !

Bob K

Well it finally came today , over 5 weeks , but it is a beaut !! It is 100 deg. with 105 deg. heat index but I took a short ride anyway .

Seat is much improved over stock , sets you up about like the high setting with the stock seat .

DSC0063002.JPG

• Thumbsup 4

1 hour ago, Bob K said:

Well it finally came today , over 5 weeks , but it is a beaut !! It is 100 deg. with 105 deg. heat index but I took a short ride anyway .

Seat is much improved over stock , sets you up about like the high setting with the stock seat .

DSC0063002.JPG

What seat?

My Sargeant seat cost that and it is very comfy. I had a Corbin on a BMW years ago that was awful. Hope your experience is good. The black seat back doohickys dont work with my seat, had to cut off half of the step, worjs great now. 

1 hour ago, tedski said:

Does the Corbin seat pan still use the plastic adjuster thing that the stock seat does or does it work around that?

With the Corbon seat you remove the plastic height adjuster & the front part of the seat goes into the  lower mount position .

Simply push down at the back of the seat & the key lock snaps .

• Thumbsup 1

58 minutes ago, TomTracer said:

My Sargeant seat cost that and it is very comfy. I had a Corbin on a BMW years ago that was awful. Hope your experience is good. The black seat back doohickys dont work with my seat, had to cut off half of the step, worjs great now. 

I put a Corbon on my MT 07 that was great !

3 hours ago, TomTracer said:

I've run Sargents on a lot of bikes and my old VFR had a corbin.  I found the Corbin to push you up against the tank uncomfortably.  I've also heard a lot of people say Corbins are too "dished" on other bikes.  Corbins are typically heavier than Sargents, too.  I've never had a bad thing to say about Sargent seats on the 4 bikes I ran them on.  That said, I live near Corbin, so I brought my 23 yr old VFR seat to them and had them redo the foam and cover.  When you ride in, they do a custom job where you go ride around between foam changes and give feedback before they measure and cut the cover for it -- at no additional cost.  That was well worth it and I gotta say having a seat last 23 years was a testament to their craftsmanship.  They re-used that same seat pan and just changed out hardware on it.

• Thumbsup 1

• Supporting Member

I love my Corbin. With my short inseam I slide forward for stops, and sit back in the hug zone for the faster sections and never a sore butt. The stock seat caused all kinds of discomfort. I tried different pants, underwear etc to no avail.

Today I rode 160 miles and my butt feels like I could have spent the day on the couch. Had I been on the couch my back would tell me, but I feel great after 3 hours on the Corbin.

• Thumbsup 1

9 minutes ago, Heli ATP said:

I love my Corbin. With my short inseam I slide forward for stops, and sit back in the hug zone for the faster sections and never a sore butt. The stock seat caused all kinds of discomfort. I tried different pants, underwear etc to no avail.

Today I rode 160 miles and my butt feels like I could have spent the day on the couch. Had I been on the couch my back would tell me, but I feel great after 3 hours on the Corbin.

You pretty much hit it out of the park explaining the function of the Corbon seat . The Tracer is a tall bike ever a fairly tall rider needs to be on the front of the seat when coming up to a stop . The leather cover allows you to slide forward easily . The one I had on my MT 07 I could ride out a tank of gas 190 ish  miles with little discomfort .   

• Thumbsup 1

12 hours ago, Heli ATP said:

The stock seat caused all kinds of discomfort. I tried different pants, underwear etc to no avail.

You raise a good point.  Here we are nitpicking aftermarket seat brands and you hit it right on the head:  anything past the stock seat is such a huge improvement.  Every single one of my bikes always gets the seat replaced with an aftermarket seat.  So, Sargent, Corbin, Rocky Mayer, Bill Mayer, etc... it doesn't matter... as long as it's firm and wider than your sit bones and your seat endurance goes way up.

• Thumbsup 4

11 minutes ago, kurtfriedrich said:

Does the Corbin solve the sloping stock seat problem completely?

Does the Sargent solve the sloping stock seat problem completely?

I don't have a slide forward problem with my Sargent.

On 6/19/2021 at 11:35 AM, tedski said:

You raise a good point.  Here we are nitpicking aftermarket seat brands and you hit it right on the head:  anything past the stock seat is such a huge improvement.  Every single one of my bikes always gets the seat replaced with an aftermarket seat.  So, Sargent, Corbin, Rocky Mayer, Bill Mayer, etc... it doesn't matter... as long as it's firm and wider than your sit bones and your seat endurance goes way up.

If Yammy would put a comfort seat on the Tracer instead of that torture stock thing, even if a little more $, i bet they could sell more bikes. The aftermarket seat makers know they have somewhat a captive audience.