Bridgestone S22 Tire Pressure

I'm curious what others are using for TP on the S22.  I put this in the 900GT area because I would guess the suspension you have will make a difference.  Feel free to post no matter what model.  But maybe make note of what you have.  Stock suspension or not.  Weight of total load (rider, bags, etc.).  Then what psi you like using front and rear.

• Supporting Member

I have used S20 and many sets of S21 and S22, I set them at or around 35F/38R. 

I never carry a passenger, occasionally use side bags and have aftermarket suspension.  Tire pressure isn’t something I obsess over, it feels fine at the pressure I set it at so I have kept using those pressures. 

• Thumbsup 2

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

1 hour ago, betoney said:

I have used S20 and many sets of S21 and S22, I set them at or around 35F/38R. 

I never carry a passenger, occasionally use side bags and have aftermarket suspension.  Tire pressure isn’t something I obsess over, it feels fine at the pressure I set it at so I have kept using those pressures. 

I don't want to obsess over it, but with the stock tires, I had a good balance of pressure for the ride and for the larger bumps that we get here.  It's like a jolting speed bump on the highway going 55-65.  The only change has been the tires, so I thought I'd experiment with different pressures.  However I thought getting a little input might help speed up the process.

I'm liking the S22 much more than the stock Dunlops...just need to find the happy medium for those jolters.  If not, I guess I can address suspension settings (maybe geometry) and see if that helps.

• Thumbsup 1

36/42 standard and 32/30 at the track on the S21's on my old bike. There's a great deal at Cyclegear for the S22's ($260/pair + tax), plus a $40 rebate, so I'm thinking of getting them.

• Thumbsup 1

I had them on my FZ 10, ran them at 34F/38R, liked them, they work over a broad temperature range and wet grip is good. I am running T31’s right now better mileage but slower steering, absolute grip is better on the S22’s, but the T31’s are fine unless the pace is fast enough to be  on a closed course. I have a set a T32’s for the FZ and my Tiger 800, which is also sporting T31’s. I got them earlier when they had $50 rebate per set.

• Thumbsup 3