What's wrong with me that my eye wanders...

I'd add an MT-10 or Ninja 1000SX in a heartbeat to keep my GT company. :) I briefly lusted after a Euro mistress, but sanity and wanting to ride more than wrench or waiting on parts brought me back to reality. 

• Thumbsup 1

18 minutes ago, Ride365 said:

I'd add an MT-10 or Ninja 1000SX in a heartbeat to keep my GT company. :) I briefly lusted after a Euro mistress, but sanity and wanting to ride more than wrench or waiting on parts brought me back to reality. 

While I'll probably eventually trade the Tracer in for an MT10, I'd *REALLY* like to get an MT10 as well as the Tracer, and then just fully kit the Tracer for touring instead of stripping it down for zoomies.   Both would be wonderful.

And then a nice Dual Sport or T7 for a winter bike and adventures, so I can go a little harder in the snow without fear, and have something for the local thursday night light adventure rides. 

And then, and then... 

N+1 is real.

• Thumbsup 1

I test rode the MT-10. That engine just wants to go! I contemplated getting one instead of the Tracer, but I know I would have lost my license or hurt myself (or both). The riding I do, I would rarely use that bike to its full potential. Plus, the teeny tank and dismal MPG would have made touring a pain. 

Now, if I had the cash, I would definitely have one (and a few other bikes) in the stable. My eye wanders, but I can usually keep it in check for 4-5 years...

• Thumbsup 4

I usually spend all kinds of money to get the bike just how I want it, then get bored when I'm done and sell it.Just to start all over again lol.Im looking at the 890 adventure right now,my next bike I would like to have cruise control. 

• Thumbsup 1

• Supporting Member
1 minute ago, ontheroad said:

I usually spend all kinds of money to get the bike just how I want it, then get bored when I'm done and sell it.Just to start all over again lol.

Same, although I've hung onto the FJ much longer than I typically keep a bike, and honestly don't think I'll be selling it...   it's the one 'keeper' in the stable right now.   I'm looking to compliment it with something else...  the short list currently looks like KTM 890 Duke R, Aprilia 660 Tuono, or a Triumph Speed Twin (odd cross-shop list, I realize).  

• Thumbsup 2

2 minutes ago, texscottyd said:

the short list currently looks like KTM 890 Duke R, Aprilia 660 Tuono, or a Triumph Speed Twin

Note the Tuono does not contain the entire catalog of electronic aids that the RS660 encompasses unless you shell out a couple hundred extra for the upgraded IMU. Rather a curious decision on their part, especially given the development history and endpoint of its big brother. I'd give it about a year before Aprilia yields to the pressure and drops in the entire kit as base configuration. And the quickshifter costs extra as well...

I love what Aprilia has done with this bike/engine. But after seeing the RS's rampant overheating at the MotoAmerica Twins Cup rounds at the Ridge, I'd want to know they'd fixed whatever weakness exists in the cooling system before adding one to my stable. YMMV however.

• Thumbsup 2

• Supporting Member

@PeterL - I've been following the RS660 and Tuono pretty closely, and am also a bit puzzled by the base configuration and electronics options.   My guess is it's to allow some separation in pricing between the RS and the Tuono, although it seems an odd choice to me.  

I have a first-gen Mille R currently, and it's served me well...  I don't have any reservations about owning another Aprilia.  My wife has strongly suggested (and rightly so) that I should get rid of a couple of bikes before bringing anything else home, so I'll probably wait until next spring regardless of what I decide.   This should give enough time to get real world feedback on all of the things I'm considering.     

I've owned my Suzuki DR250 since '95 and sold my Yamaha Vmax that I've owned since '00.

I like to look at and ride different bikes but seldom do something different when I find a bike I enjoy.

I like my Tracer GT and so at age 52, it will probably be the last bike I own.