Got her !!!!

pilgo

• Supporting Member

Good to hear; congrats!

• Thumbsup 1

2015 FJ-09 / FJR touring bags / oil plug mod / Evotech rad guard / SW Motech bash plate / VStream touring windshield / Seat Concepts:  Sport Touring / Vcyclenut ABS rings (speedo correction) / Cosmo RAM mount

• Supporting Member
12 hours ago, pilgo said:

Excited to get out on 2 wheels again - once I've passed my U.S M/C test .

Congratulations!   Great find to score a first-generation FJ with only 3,500 miles.   

Getting your US motorcycle license endorsement shouldn’t be an issue, although I believe the actual process varies state-to-state.   Good luck! 

Welcome and nice bike.  Motorcycle endorsement shouldn't be too difficult.  It does vary by state.  My youngest daughter got her endorsement my reading the book and taking the test when she got her license.  Alabama didn't have a motorcycle endorsement until the past 20 years or so.  My wife and I have it because we were grandfathered in.

I like that U-haul trailer, didn't know they had them.

7 hours ago, texscottyd said:

Congratulations!   Great find to score a first-generation FJ with only 3,500 miles.   

Getting your US motorcycle license endorsement shouldn’t be an issue, although I believe the actual process varies state-to-state.   Good luck! 

The guy I got it from is in the USAF and ironically had the bike shipped over to England when he was stationed over to my homeland , so it's kind of ' come home ' .

The remap on the bike was done over there also.

The clutch needs to be  adjusted , literally no biting point. But I'll  be fitting the new version cable as soon as I can find one anyway.

Plus , as I keep saying , I need to pass my test 😞

6 hours ago, PhotoAl said:

Welcome and nice bike.  Motorcycle endorsement shouldn't be too difficult.  It does vary by state.  My youngest daughter got her endorsement my reading the book and taking the test when she got her license.  Alabama didn't have a motorcycle endorsement until the past 20 years or so.  My wife and I have it because we were grandfathered in.

I like that U-haul trailer, didn't know they had them.

$15 per day for the trailer is a bloody bargain mate 👍 

The test/ course I want to do here in Nevada is recognised as an official test by the DMV . It's a 2 day thing , both in the classroom and hands on bike training. But it comes highly recommended locally.

• Thumbsup 2

35 minutes ago, bwringer said:

Congrats!

And yeah, those U-Haul motorcycle trailers are the bargain of the century. I once dragged one four hours and back with a Corolla to pick up a motorcycle north of Chicago.

180 miles each way from my gaff in North Nevada  to Linda , California was a 4 hour trip both ways at 55/60 MPH.

Most of it was on I80 going over the infamous Donner pass , but when we hit Highway 20 in Cali it was a gorgeous tight and twisty road through a forest - great on a bike , not so in a truck pulling a trailer. But it's a road I'll be heading to once I'm legal. 

Hiring the trailer from u haul was a simple process , though I had to get the electrics plug on the truck fixed as it was rotten from non use. 

All in all , a great day out 👍

• Thumbsup 1

• Supporting Member
1 hour ago, pilgo said:

180 miles each way from my gaff in North Nevada  to Linda , California was a 4 hour trip both ways at 55/60 MPH.

Most of it was on I80 going over the infamous Donner pass , but when we hit Highway 20 in Cali it was a gorgeous tight and twisty road through a forest - great on a bike , not so in a truck pulling a trailer. But it's a road I'll be heading to once I'm legal.

The area you discovered in California is barely the tip of the iceberg, there is SOOO much good riding in California. 

You are 90 minutes from Lake Tahoe and the Sierra Passes just south of there are AMAZING (I would avoid the lake due to traffic but the passes are worth repeat visits). 

North of Donner Pass on Highways 49, 89 and 70 (to name a few) can be ridden in a day trip from your location and 20 is nice all the way out to the ocean.

• Thumbsup 2

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

3 minutes ago, betoney said:

The area you discovered in California is barely the tip of the iceberg, there is SOOO much good riding in California. 

You are 90 minutes from Lake Tahoe and the Sierra Passes just south of there are AMAZING (I would avoid the lake due to traffic but the passes are worth repeat visits). 

North of Donner Pass on Highways 49, 89 and 70 (to name a few) can be ridden in a day trip from your location and 20 is nice all the way out to the ocean.

Cheers for the advice 👍

• Like 1