Is there a crack on your frame ?

• Premium Member
Same on mine. Looks like a flaw in the mould, excess metal rather than a crack.
This signature is left blank as the poster writes enough pretentious bollocks as it is.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
well,,, i just checked mine from Canada , and i have the same crack on the right side - exactly like the photo... bringing scoot to dealer on Sat and see what they say since i have to have my bags installed. Damm..... don't think that can be repaired.. has anyone directed to to Yamaha directly ?

well,,, i just checked mine from Canada , and i have the same crack on the right side - exactly like the photo... bringing scoot to dealer on Sat and see what they say since i have to have my bags installed. Damm..... don't think that can be repaired.. has anyone directed to to Yamaha directly ?
At the risk of sounding like a typical forum jerk, I HAVE to ask, papihog:  Have you read this entire thread? It isn't a crack, damn near everyone's bike has this same EXACT mark, including 2015 FZ-09's. 
Not a crack, no need to worry.  Go ride your motorcycle.

Should you be unable to relax due to the anxiety created by this minor cosmetic casting flaw, I will buy your bike for $6,000.  LMK so I can arrange finances as necessary. 

At the risk of sounding like a typical forum jerk, I HAVE to ask, papihog:  Have you read this entire thread? It isn't a crack, damn near everyone's bike has this same EXACT mark, including 2015 FZ-09's. 
Not a crack, no need to worry.  Go ride your motorcycle.

Should you be unable to relax due to the anxiety created by this minor cosmetic casting flaw, I will buy your bike for $6,000.  LMK so I can arrange finances as necessary. 

A guy by the name of Sid Finch on the the Ethiopian Forums was doing a wheelie and his engine popped out and took out an unfortunate African Twin on the road behind him. They had to share a Camel ride back to Dolo Ado together.

I'm about to start smoking crack.

Vespadad.........Relax bro.. Read title.,, yes read thread... I'm not worried. Have 5 year warranty... Just bouncing feedback,,, try some Advil.. Good for the pain ,, maybe u need some fresh air. Keep your visor up,,, good for the soul,,, breathe brother... Breathe...

Vespadad.........Relax bro.. Read title.,, yes read thread... I'm not worried. Have 5 year warranty... Just bouncing feedback,,, try some Advil.. Good for the pain ,, maybe u need some fresh air. Keep your visor up,,, good for the soul,,, breathe brother... Breathe...

@vespadaddy is cool and meant no harm. He just has that kind of sense of humor and honestly, so do I (Sid Finch too)

Guest branthopolis
There is a long thread about this over on the FZ forum as well. Mine has the exact same pattern.. Right side. front bolt.

• Premium Member
Just had the recall done and looked at 2 new bikes in the showroom, both the same. Dealer seems indifferent, "it's a cheaply made bike." I agree with the sentiment. You get far worse cosmetic defects on much more expensive bikes...
This signature is left blank as the poster writes enough pretentious bollocks as it is.

Just got back from the bike being serviced... Every MT-09 and every Tracer had the same thing (I checked about 20 bikes altogether)... Pointed it out to the dealer and we both had a good giggle about it. Nothing to worry about. :)

Dealer seems indifferent, "it's a cheaply made bike."
I'm sure he would have phrased it differently if you were looking to buy ;) Not sure if my noticing it on mine before I took the keys made any difference, my salesman said you've just spent a lot of money you'd expect it to be right! Then set about trying to sort it out, bless him.

Now that I know it is widespread, I'm not worried about it. Had originally thought it may have been damaged in the crate potentially leading to other problems down the road.

I will be dissapointed if this turns into the cracked frame issue Yamaha had on Gen 2 FZ-1's. Don't panic....

I think the robot who torqued that right side hardware is set a tad strong, or the spacing and tolerance specs are off a little.

I like the sexy band-aid plug option. Some fine red bolt caps and a well sorted hardware kit from Rizoma is in order here.

Archived