Who did you inspire to ride?

maximNikenGT

• Supporting Member
10 hours ago, enx said:

I ride only five years. Who inspired me to ride...? Funny thing🙃 BakerXderek, Suburban Delinquent, Royal Jordanian...

Royal Jordanian I've seen, will have to check out the other two. Love the sound of his Husqvarna. 

• Thumbsup 1

2019 Niken GT
"Motorcycles - the brand is not important, the fact that you ride is."

• Supporting Member

My kid... the younger of the two. She has little to no fear of anything, except spiders. Here is me giving her pointers (promptly ignored)... just before all hell broke loose. This was back in 2016, day two of an instructor-led program for the group. They all had just enough confidence required to be really dangerous. She slept all the way home. 😁

mon_dirt_2016.thumb.JPG.8abdc2e9e146ff6e70a504c2585cd815.JPG

...she got the hang of it. 😎

mon_bike.thumb.jpg.a97a798259cd1954881f9c643228dda1.jpg

Edited by piotrek
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

canada.gif.22c5f8bdb95643b878d06c336f5fe29f.gif

I think it does help you be a better rider if you start when you are young and confident. 

As a young (stupid) teen, I would wait for rain then jump my Suzuki 100cc across a ditch, intentionally lay it down, and slide across the wet grass. Maybe I was at the forefront of the Jackass craze!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

58 minutes ago, Brian said:

I think it does help you be a better rider if you start when you are young and confident. 

As a young (stupid) teen, I would wait for rain then jump my Suzuki 100cc across a ditch, intentionally lay it down, and slide across the wet grass. Maybe I was at the forefront of the Jackass craze!

When I was 13-14, hard to tell these days, I put a race engine yz250 into a yamaha blaster quad frame.  If you know how small the blaster is, you'd know how nutz that was combined with a 13 year old's fabrication skills of the swap. It tired to kill me many times.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

On 1/7/2022 at 10:10 AM, olddawg said:

Brother,son,grandson,wife

And the prize for the most responsive answer with the fewest words goes to...  LOL 

I think you and I could hang out IRL; we'd not say anything for hours. Perfect. 

• Thumbsup 1

’70 Yamaha 125 Enduro; ’75 Honda CB360T; ’81 Yamaha XS650SH; ’82 Honda GL650 Silver Wing Interstate; ’82 Suzuki GS650L; ’87 Yamaha Virago 535; ’87 Yamaha FJ1200; ’96 Honda ST1100; ’99 Yamaha V-Star Classic; ’00 Suzuki SV650; ’07 BMW K1200GT; ’12 Suzuki DR200; ’15 Yamaha FJ-09.  Bold = current

• Supporting Member
On 1/7/2022 at 9:10 PM, Brian said:

Oh, the joys of lack of parental supervision 40+ years ago!

Oh, I was supervised...  Encouraged, actually.   My Dad was the one that wired the throttle on our Trail 50 wide open, and told us to just ride it with the kill switch...  "Scott, it doesn't make that much power... you'll be fine"  :)

It turns out he was right:  I was fine, although Big Red did manage to maim a few friends along the way.   Good times!

The rider I influenced was the one who I end up riding the most with. I got a Ninja 250 nearly 20 years ago, and he thought it was cool and followed suit a couple of years later. He's now a track veteran and regularly leaves me in the dust!

• Thumbsup 1