Hows your insurance rate?

On 2/16/2022 at 7:04 PM, 2and3cylinders said:

I rechecked my Liberty Mutual motorcycle insurance policy.  Not a terrible premium I guess considering the coverage & limits, actual cash value payout and deductible, and given that I live in a Chicago bedroom burb.

I think my gear is also covered...maybe under the "Customizing Equipment".

Now that I've reviewed my policy again, I've got to check before renewal in late June if I should also buy the Better Bike Replacement; any thoughts on that?

2021 MC Insurance.jpg

Depends on what it costs :)

I've got something similar on my policies, where if my bikes are written off in the first two years of ownership I get a new one of the *current* model year as a replacement.  Haven't needed that, but my insurance is cheap even with it so it seemed like an awesome idea. 

On 2/9/2022 at 12:31 PM, roy826 said:

I do live in a state where 28% of the people on the road driving have NO insurance at all. That could be a problem in all this.

Yeah, I'm right next door in Louisiana. I have State Farm, Liability with Uninsured Motorist. We have even more people without insurance here, hence the Uninsured Motorist. 2015 FJ is 73 bucks every 6 months and a ZUMA scooter is 21 bucks every 6 months. What makes the scooter cost so much is the coverage because it might be stolen I've been told. My 1999 Tacoma has the same coverage as the bike and is 153 bucks every 6 months. Insurance is why I got rid of a 2000 ZRX1100 and a 1996 ZX11. I'm over 60 and have 1 speeding ticket in 30 years. A couple of warnings in that time. I use cruise control and go 5 - 7 miles over the limit but I drive a company car everywhere and do 30,000 miles a year easy. Insurance is a 150 a month line in the budget. It's not fun for sure. 

Ain't no fun when the rabbit gets the gun!

35 male, rural ontario, clean record

2015 fj-09

500 collision, 1000$ comp deductibles, 1M$ liability, additional accident benefits, 880$/yr (wawanesa) 

180 day mexico insurance policy - 265$USD

2002 BMW M3

1000$ deductible, full coverage, 1150$ a year

2009 Mazda 5

liability only, 1000$ deductible, 800$ a year

in canada, accident benefits is what makes insurance expensive. lots of soccer moms hurt themselves in the 5 so insurance is expensive

Edited by propr'one