Best way to glue plastic cap to bolts.

I have these frame sliders from Top Block (France). 

image.thumb.png.0c8ef0a5b52adbf4c83eb45d9cf8370c.png

I am very happy with them but have lost 3 of the 4 plastic caps on the bolts. I've received some new ones free of charge but they will probably fall out again if I don't secure them somehow.

image.thumb.png.479c20cf2bbcc78c9cfe3eaf3aec3cd3.png

Any expert tips on how to glue these? I want them to stay put until I remove them (to check that the bolts are still tight). I'd prefer it if there is no or easy to remove residue.

I've considered blue thread-lock but I don't think that plays nice with plastic parts and it's probably too strong. I has to be something that does not really bond with the plastic.

Edited by petshark
added link

Thank you! I've found this nearby for a good price. It's red which should be easier to spot and remove and it shouldn't show on the outside of the cap. Or would you advise to find black or clear sealant?

https://www.k2-global.com/en/products/k2-red-silicone-350c-85-g

High quality silicone. Perfectly adapts to the sealed surfaces. High temperature resistant up to 350°C. Meets the requirements of car manufacturers (O.E.M. - Original Equipment Manufacturer).

Replaces traditional gaskets: cork, paper, felt, asbestos and rubber. Thanks to the SENSOR SAFE formula, it is safe for lambda sensors used in modern cars with electronic fuel injection.

Resistant to oils, greases, coolants etc. It can be used for all car models and makes, among others for sealing: valve covers, thermostat gaskets, oil pans, camshaft covers, water pumps, rear axle covers and many other elements where tightness and high temperature resistance are required.

Edited by petshark

7 hours ago, petshark said:

Thank you! I've found this nearby for a good price. It's red which should be easier to spot and remove and it shouldn't show on the outside of the cap. Or would you advise to find black or clear sealant?

https://www.k2-global.com/en/products/k2-red-silicone-350c-85-g

That will work just fine. Prep your surfaces properly to ensure good ashesion.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, petshark said:

I've glued them in and it worked great. Thanks again for the tip!

So what happens with this stuff when I remove them? Is it like silicone in the bathroom in that it just peels off (with some effort)?

To some extent yes. It largely depends of the surface texture it's applied to.  A smoother surface will provide an easier release of the adhesive. Hopefully you used it in a somewhat sparingly manner.

• Thumbsup 1

5 hours ago, Cogswell said:

To some extent yes. It largely depends of the surface texture it's applied to.  A smoother surface will provide an easier release of the adhesive. Hopefully you used it in a somewhat sparingly manner.

Thanks. Yeah, I just put a very small dab around the pin.

• Thumbsup 1