Accessories info for a new 2020 GT owne

Hey everyone, I know most of this info is probably in here, but Iā€™m hoping I can get some ā€œcurrentā€ answers for my needs.Ā 
Ā 

I just bought a nice ā€˜20 Trader GT that Iā€™m hoping to use as my new 2-up sport touring machine to replace my great ā€˜11 Triumph Sprint GT thatā€™s getting a little warm and heavy to lug around. I just picked the bike up today and the dealer attempted to order my needs and we found out pretty much everything I want is on backorder with no expected ship date. Needs, and unfortunately these are needs if Iā€™m going to be able keep this bike, are:

- 50L top box, mounting rack and back pad

- Comfort seat (I slide forward on the stock with it in the high position)

First off, if anyone has these used and wants to sell, Iā€™m all ears.
Ā 

Second, what are some good alternatives to the factory stuff? I looked at some SHAD and GIVI top boxes and mounts and they donā€™t look as integrated as the factory one and the backrest sits weird, almost straight vertical which my wife hates.Ā 
Ā 

Third, anyone have any insight into this stuff showing back up stock at Yamaha? Or has it been on backorder forever already?Ā 
Ā 

Iā€™d like to get this stuff ASAP as the Minnesota riding season is short and I canā€™t sell the Sprint until the wife signs off on the Tracer. And she wonā€™t sign off until we get the backrest taken care of.Ā 
Ā 

Thanks for any and all info!!!

Hi miweber929, I recently received the Yamaha rear mounting rack that I ordered from cheap cycle parts about a year ago so you might be able to find one of those around. I'm also selling a Bagster seat for aĀ  2020. Pix and description in this section.Ā 

• Thumbsup 1

• Supporting Member

There is a guy over on the FZ-10/MT-10 site that's had a 50L grey top box for sale for a while? MIght be worth checking out and good luck on your treasure hunt! šŸ‘

• Thumbsup 1

So I seem to have located everything and itā€™s on the way to me except the 50L top box pad. Iā€™m going to do some more searching tomorrow but Iā€™m getting there. Supposedly Yamaha will have some in 2-3 weeks; hereā€™s hoping!!!Ā 
Ā 

I think next up is a front and rear fender extender, I donā€™t want to have as much crap as I normally get kicked up if I rain ride. Any suggestions?Ā 

• Thumbsup 1

Something about the 2020 Tracer 900 GT is Yamaha does not recommend a top case and side cases. Ā Most folks on here that want to 2 up tour replace the rear shock and spring. Ā I think the reason for the recommendation of no top case with side cases is it is too easy to overload the bike if doing 2 up. Ā 

I have been running the small Yamaha top case and have had no issues with it. Ā My touring has been with side cases full plus a 58 liter duffle on the back seat but with very little in the top case. Ā It holds my lightweight rain jacket and at stops is used for helmet storage. Ā Occasionally I'll but a six ack of cokes in it but thats for a short ride back to where I'm staying.

I got the top case from Revzilla after asking them to notify me when it came in stock. Ā Over a year ago but worked well for me.

• Thumbsup 1

20 hours ago, miweber929 said:

So I seem to have located everything and itā€™s on the way to me except the 50L top box pad. Iā€™m going to do some more searching tomorrow but Iā€™m getting there. Supposedly Yamaha will have some in 2-3 weeks; hereā€™s hoping!!!Ā 
Ā 

I think next up is a front and rear fender extender, I donā€™t want to have as much crap as I normally get kicked up if I rain ride. Any suggestions?Ā 

Pyramid in the UK is a good source for fenda extendas. Reasonable, I got mine in 7 days. Search US of course, but if UK shows they have them don't be afraid of overseas.

• Thumbsup 2