Tracer 9 GT Top Box Installation

8 hours ago, kingfisher said:

An alternative is the Givi rack, literally a 10 minute installation.

3DF8C454-84BF-415A-8D5E-D126DF558F86.png

Going to assume that this only works with Give top cases?

I like the top case you have there - the profile is reasonable and suits the lines of the bike.

• Thumbsup 1

Another alternative to the Yamaha rack is SW Motech which took only 10-15 min to install.  You will need to buy an additional adapter which they support most top cases. I was able to bring over my Givi/Monolock case from my Kawasaki to use on T9GT. 

• Thumbsup 1

The Givi works with the monokey cases, all the way from the smaller ones like the Dolomiti 30 liter one shown on mine, to the big 56 liter ones. I prefer the smaller ones; still plenty of capacity. Here's a pic of the rack itself.

Screenshot_20230215_093447_Gallery.jpg

• Thumbsup 1

1 hour ago, kingfisher said:

The Givi works with the monokey cases, all the way from the smaller ones like the Dolomiti 30 liter one shown on mine, to the big 56 liter ones.

Yea I was looking at the Givi rack, but as I mentioned I have the Monolock case/style which is different from the Monokey. Givi did not have an adapter to mount their other style so I had to go with SW Motech. Now I can use the Givi/Kawasaki case on both my T9GT and C14 which I was lucky the blue color isn't too far off. ;)

case-rack.jpg

SWMotech-rack.jpg

• Thumbsup 1

• 2 months later...
On 8/20/2022 at 8:24 PM, kiseliok said:

About 2h at a leisurely pace (not spare part left), and another hour for the re-key. Instructions are crap and some of the panel removals aren't intuitive. Silver body pieces slide forward when removed - not simple clip-ons. Paneer hanger bolts were a b*tch and had to be aligned properly when re-installed - I used a #5 allen key to keep it in place.

image.thumb.jpeg.1921dd6c0fc882039b6b629b4b0789f3.jpeg

@vic

@kiseliok

Would either of you be willing to take a picture of where the pannier/side bag meets the stay (extension of the rear foot peg bracket). After re-installing the pannier rack holders, I wanted to make sure that they are lined up properly. I used the same technique as above (using a screwdriver that fit through the black loop and the holder. At rest, my side case rests against the outer portion of the stay and there is a gap on the inside (bike side)...which I think is normal, but I can't recall. I know they are supposed to "float" and move around, but wasn't sure of the position "at rest". I'm attaching a pic of mine on the right hand side (when sitting on bike - so non-chain drive side)

Thanks in advance for your help!

Rob   

IMG_0538.jpeg

Edited by rlambke19