MT09 Tracer wooble

Hi guys! I bought a 2016 mt09 Tracer  and the bike woobles at high speeds.... I already talked to some guys and they tell me that i need to change the suspension bla bla bla... and already told me about tight a little more the streering bolt ... sorry about my english, but its not my native language 

Hello and Welcome from California.

Please describe the “wobble”

What speed does it appear?  Is it rhythmic or random?  Does it go away when you slow down?

Provide much more information about the bike. Any accidents?  Are the forks bent?  How old are the tires? Proper tire pressure?

So, it happens at 180/200 km/h  I don’t know in miles sorry. 
tire pressure is the 2.9 bar recomendes on the sticker on the bike. No accidents nothing bent .
The tires are ok have less than a year .  It happens always at high speeds.

If  you slow down stops . It’s something like the tanksplapper you know ?

• Premium Member
5 hours ago, littlebruv said:

Take off the original handguards if still fitted

And if you want hand guards go with the KTM adventure hand guards they're great

They don't cause any instability for me and I have none really up to a 120 with a small screen...

Make sure your rear suspension sag is set correctly. These bikes suffer from not enough weight on the front wheel as is, without making things worse by the rear sitting too low. 

It sounds counterintuitive, but drop the front (raise the forks on the triple clamps) 15mm and it will improve things as long as you’re not too heavy for the weak stock front springs.

I’ve never been a fan of the stock hand guards as they introduce too much turbulence, but some people like them.

Some tyres are known to also cause this as they get older. 

As people have already said, set your suspension properly if you haven’t done so already. 

• Thumbsup 3

• 3 weeks later...