Power Vision 3

I'm looking for some feedback from Power Vision 3 users.

I've got a 2019 GT & mostly want to stop that annoying engine braking when rolling off the throttle.  This is my first fuel injected bike & that behavior threw me right from the start.  I've got three seasons on the bike & I still don't like the roll-off behavior.  A little smoother throttle, especially in A would be nice as well.  Also the other ECU stuff like turning the fan on at a decent temp would also be good.   Maybe other things that I don't know about?

I'm a little leery of sending off my ECU cross border & this part of Ontario doesn't have a whole lot of local tuners that can do it.  So I'm looking into the DIY route.  

I've read up on the PV3, I can't see details on the canned tunes that are available, like pipes that are used, etc.  I'm also not 100% clear on just what can be fiddled with the desktop software.  Also it seems like it has a sort of "learn & re-flash" feature, but description are a little vague on that.  I'll also probably put a pipe or slip-on at some point, so it would be nice to be able to re-flash for that.

Any usage info you've got for me would be appreciated.

Have to agree with Kilo 3 on this one.  I understand your hesitation on shipping your ECU, but all things considered I would recommend doing so.  Getting a good ECU reprogram is super easy and will do about everything you are asking for.  One of the best and most reliable can be found here.

Ivan's Performance Products (ivansperformanceproducts.com)

There is nothing like spending a day riding with friends in the grip of a shared obsession.

• Supporting Member

I think this gadget is kinda cool... but I agree... would need to have some confidence that the base flash-file for the bike will do what you want it to do so that you don't have to touch what you shouldn't be touching 😁. There was someone on here who went this route, but I don't think we heard back... I may be mistaken.

FWIW, I mailed my ECU to Vcyclenut with Canada Post (insured and tracked). USPS handles this south of the border. Works the same on way back. I have done this twice without any issues (original flash and a re-flash for a new can). It can take a week+ each way, depending on level of service you pay for.

Edited by piotrek

canada.gif.22c5f8bdb95643b878d06c336f5fe29f.gif