Old style SWMOTECH Engage tank bag.

fddriver2

• Premium Member
  • Premium Member
6 minutes ago, 2and3cylinders said:

Holy moses!

I think I paid half of that for mine from twisted throttle

Now they're antique and collectable? 🤷‍♂️

"It doesn't matter who walks in, you know the joke is still the same"  Ft. Lauderdale, Florida. USA

• Supporting Member
On 4/18/2023 at 7:46 PM, 2and3cylinders said:

Holy moses!

I think I paid half of that for mine from twisted throttle

Maybe for the non-electric model. Prices for the electric Engage ran from $249- $295.

SW motech Electric Engage

BTW... if you check the SW Motech site they currently have crash bars on sale for many Yamaha models to include FJ-09, MT-09 and Tracer 900.

SW-Motech Sale

• Premium Member

I did not realize it was the electric model, which for the life of me I can't figure why I'd need one.

I have the original Engage and City, both I bought a fair bit below MSRP.

Very happy with them both but tend to use the City more due to it's larger capacity.

Maybe if someone made me an offer I couldn't refuse...as I have a couple small magnetic tank bags that work OK.

Oh, and thanks but I bought the Give case guards when I bought my 15 fastest red in mid 16 along with the Givi barn door screen, Shad SH36 panniers (which IMO are great) and a bunch of pre-selected accessories like fender extenders f & r, stand bobbin-sliders, etc. along with the OEM heated grips. I already had their SH 46 top case and recently picked up their SH29; which made be sort through what was really essential to carry in the top case but improved significantly ease of handling.

20230419_180612.jpg

20230419_151827.jpg

20230419_151710.jpg

• Thumbsup 2

• Premium Member

@2and3cylinders

I like the original Engage so much that I bought one to have as a backup when the zippers that have been repaired several times finally fail. 

"It doesn't matter who walks in, you know the joke is still the same"  Ft. Lauderdale, Florida. USA

Interesting on the older Engage model tank bag. I like the side pockets and maybe the 12V power inside the bag. 

But I'm happy with the newer Engage tank bag and how it still follows the tank lines and slope. I also added a USB hub into the bag to charge my iPhone and GoPro, so not really a loss on the 'electric' feature. I do like both the old and new Engage styles and the newer model has some nice touches.

IMG_8452.jpg

I bought mine after seeing a well thought out review on his Tracer

Edited by robzilla

• Supporting Member
On 4/20/2023 at 6:30 PM, fddriver2 said:

I like the original Engage so much that I bought one to have as a backup...

Great idea... I was thinking along these lines a while back, but missed the boat. The original is starting to look disheveled.

canada.gif.22c5f8bdb95643b878d06c336f5fe29f.gif