• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 42 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Who recently posted about their Scot Oiler Install?

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, TomTracer said:

I used to attend a "chain gang" rally in OK, benefited CASA. Good rally and good cause. Steve ran it and swore he got ungodly miles out of chains using transmission fluid. Cheap and clean too.

Similar to Scot Oiler Red oil.  I've measured its viscosity and synthesized my own for different temperature ranges using Marvel Mystery Oil, ATF and/or different weights of fork fluid.  For a higher viscosity to make it more thixotropic, I add a neutral Ph  vegetable-based chain saw oil.

• Thumbsup 1

• Supporting Member
20 hours ago, Wintersdark said:

Parked on the street in front of my house, stolen in the middle of the day

Sorry to hear your bike was stolen, and hope it all works out with the insurance company. Nothing you can do now, and of course hindsight is 20/20... install (prominently) an inexpensive camera on the house if you're parking vehicles on the street or driveway. Just an extra layer of deterrence (+evidence) to help avoid this nonsense in the future.

• Thumbsup 1

canada.gif.22c5f8bdb95643b878d06c336f5fe29f.gif

On 9/29/2023 at 5:37 PM, piotrek said:

Sorry to hear your bike was stolen, and hope it all works out with the insurance company. Nothing you can do now, and of course hindsight is 20/20... install (prominently) an inexpensive camera on the house if you're parking vehicles on the street or driveway. Just an extra layer of deterrence (+evidence) to help avoid this nonsense in the future.

Absolutely.  Frustratingly, being somewhat of a techy, cameras are a minefield of terrible security flaws and subscription requirements these days, and it's a huge mess to sort through to find something you can simply have store footage on your local network.  I'm pretty twitchy after the whole Eufy debacle (they claimed "local storage only" but you could access random Eufy cameras remotely just by trying random ID's in the url)

It's a priority, though, as soon as I have a day off I'm going to order a couple.

32 minutes ago, Ride365 said:

Did you not have the handlebars locked where it was parked?

Don't know about this incident specifically, but a common way to steal bikes is 3-4 guys in a truck or van. Bike gets picked up, thrown in and driven off. 30 secs and it's gone.

Fork locks or disk locks do nothing. :(

• Sad 1

7 hours ago, RD52 said:

Don't know about this incident specifically, but a common way to steal bikes is 3-4 guys in a truck or van. Bike gets picked up, thrown in and driven off. 30 secs and it's gone.

Fork locks or disk locks do nothing. :(

Real popular in Minnesota, they use stolen service vans. You can't leave a motorcycle out overnight in St Paul/Minneapolis, it will be gone before the sun goes down.

• Thumbsup 1